A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72. Finished.

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Why? It's all many of us, well a few of us, well me, ever seem to manage to do! 

Welcome back Steve, you had more exercise last year than I've done in my life....

Keith

This is true, I plead guilty too

I spend far more modelling time not modelling than I did orta too, at least you have usefully used  the dosh an adoring public give you sensibly.

Travelling that is, I can never crank the knees through the over the top move on the pedals any more.  :(

(For balance I used to own a fixed wheel bike upon which trips to Stratford upon Avon from Birmingham were a normal day out)

Anyway, 'tis truly good to receive the up-to-date update.

Please do not just fade out, tell us about this roller skiing madness, I won't be lending my National Health Service paid for knees copying you so a dose of vicarious would be welcome.

The oversized flight sim intrigues, do you have to go through start up and shutting down when playing or is it just cut to the chase stuff?

What a way to play though, fab-u-lous...

Er

Did you like Martian's redecorating?

I would have preferred a green carpet, mesen

Oh yes

Play Tomo's clip, headphones on.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, perdu said:

Bill, I know Steve's been AWOL for far too long, but that is a far too cruel & unusual punishment! Even without clicking play I've got an earworm that's not going to go away....!!

K

• Haha 1

Welcome back Steve and thanks for the update and lovely photographs. I had a major house move in January so all my modelling stuff is boxed or stored away. Space is limited but next year intend to resume in earnest. Had a major reduction in books and kits and made £1500.

Hope you can get back  to the Hawks soon remember Jag is next . 

kind regards

16 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Bill, I know Steve's been AWOL for far too long, but that is a far too cruel & unusual punishment! Even without clicking play I've got an earworm that's not going to go away....!!

K

The piper must be paid…...........

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Col. said:

not just the bike but kit to go with it and then ensure it all fits you properly

The truth is, I always seem to forget that I also need a helmet (mandatory!!!), gloves, etc...

Cheers

Shalako

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shalako said:

The truth is, I always seem to forget that I also need a helmet (mandatory!!!), gloves, etc...

A lot of people used to come into the shop where I worked with a fixed budget for the bike but no thought of the kit to go with it. If they said they had £1000 to spend on a bike I'd point them towards an £800 machine and then £200 worth of helmet, shorts, gloves, spare tubes, pump...

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Funny old world it is becoming, no?

I used to legally ride my 250 Jawa in black plimsolls, jeans and a tee shirt

No mandatory safety stuff then, now look at the place...

Tssk tssk...

Ah, the good old days!!! I was a BMX-natic!!! Of course, no helmet, no gloves, just a t-shirt and a 501 Levi's!!! Oh, and my Nike Air!!!

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

'Jags' surely? We need a single and twin stick built....!! :)

You can never have too many Jags.  But remember Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey and possibly Light Aircraft Grey - thems proper Jag colours. None of this overall grey or pink malarkey 😡

And welcome back from me too!

Trevor

• Like 3

Much as I like LAG we need to remember this/these Jags will be Steve's own steeds

I doubt he flew any aircraft in LAG after he left Valley

So gentle reader we have set again the scene for our intrepid hero to gently sidle in and lay out the land...

Just think though, later there will be F16s too

Yeehaw

Look, Steve's back! :thumbsup:  Glad to know you had such an intense year of fun, now get back to the work bench, will ya??

:rofl: I' just a tad envious of all your endeavors, although I shouldn't really complain, i had a great summer myself ... :wink: 

Looking forward to your next installment on this thread :popcorn:

Ciao

• Like 1

what can I say? 

I'd heard of this mythical Fritag creature since my early days on BM, but never for a second did I believe it was true.  Now, not only did we get several confirmed sightings of the Fritag, we got to see its lair, and we also learned a few things about it's seasonal habits too.   Delightful stuff.

psssst!  Anyone got a contact number for Mr Attenborough ? This could make for a very interesting series

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Welcome back Herr Fritag! Nice to see you have been busy working (presumably that's how all the travels were possible!) but now real life has intervened once more and the bench beckons......

Bikes...I had one, once, it was a reward for passing my 11+, don't think I've ridden one since!

Ian

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the thoroughly undeserved welcome back messages chaps.

10 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

you have to admire the brass neck of the question, coming in your first post since Pontius got his wings...

Distraction technique :)  Failed.......

6 hours ago, perdu said:

Much as I like LAG we need to remember this/these Jags will be Steve's own steeds

I doubt he flew any aircraft in LAG after he left Valley

As Bill says.  All wrap around camo in the Fritag Flying days.  No self-respecting 80's mud mover needed a LAG belly.  No one looking up at the belly of a Jag in the 80's.....

6 hours ago, perdu said:

later there will be F16s too

At the present rate of progress none of us'll be around to see that.  Possible exception for youngsters such as Vulcanicity.....

Did come across this in a junk box in the attic the other day tho'

IMG_9823_zpsnlxo7jec.jpg

Can't say that the starting procedure for an F16C/D has stayed fresh in my mind........

Was quite interesting reminding myself of the acceleration limits of the jet tho'.  +9.0g/-3.0g and 800kts/Mach 2.05.  800kts!

Jag - IIRC was +8.0g/-3.0g and 675Kts/Mach 1.4.

So - now I'll have to see wot the rest of you chaps have been up to over the last year.  Might take a while......

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

A very beautiful part of the world Steve. Have camped nearby and walked along that section, and frequented the local pub of course.

12 hours ago, Fritag said:

IMG_2368_zpsmfeuvb9y.jpg

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:
11 hours ago, perdu said:

K

I think he should play it loud in the quiet section of a train, or when at work at the end of one of his cases during when the judge is summing up...:devil:

Seriously though it's great to have you back.

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

At the present rate of progress none of us'll be around to see that.  Possible exception for youngsters such as Vulcanicity.....

I'm banking on medical science to add on a few more years for me and Bill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Strange I imagined him to be bigger!

At my age I'm always a little wary when someone goes off the radar,  but sooo glad to see  Mr F back posting.

Sat on the floor crossed legged and keeping quiet.....sod the biplane rigging!

Box On

Strickers

• Haha 1

WHAT A BOOOOORING YEAR!!!!!!!!

I think you've been trying to find out who you are since the PE thing got the best of your mind!!!

I imagined you were somewhere in Tibet, some sort of monk finding your way to interior peace...but I was wrong...reality was much worse!!!

For twelve months you've been a pilgrim in search of the Holy Grael!!!

And there's a strange light in your eyes...you may have found it!!!

The alternative  to this theory is ...you must be James Bond and there's a lot of stuff you can't talk about!

Nice to see you back !!!!

But please...no more PEs for a while!!!

Massimo

Edited by massimo
  • Haha 1