A pair of Airfix Hawks in 1/72. Finished.

9 hours ago, hendie said:

I did wonder when you stated you were going to print a replacement why you wouldn't have just printed another at the same time to get two identical legs 

Thanks for your timely intervention (not) mate…. ;)

9 hours ago, hendie said:

the precipice of finishing

That sounds jolly frightening.  P’raps best avoided for the level plain of just carrying on ad infinitum…

7 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

I did some windshield and canopy test prints using clear resin for my ongoing 1:72 and 1:48 A-12 Oxcart projects.

Ta Serkan, I shall look for those before doing any serious clear printing.

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Watch his Jag builds for the next 5 years.

You didn’t buy all that guff about having flown jags did you Keith ;) You can get a 1,000 hour jaguar patch on ebay for next to nowt; fools anyone and everyone.   Oh alright; I’ll do a Jag sometime.  Think I’ll dabble with other stuff for a bit first tho’…

3 hours ago, perdu said:

I'll drink to that, cheers.

I refer my learned friend to my previous reply.

Legs on.  Bit of fettling required for symmetry.  Sit looks about right.

Plus the first of nine undercarriage doors for each Hawk.  The little ones behind the nise leg.

The Hawks can now stand on their own two (three) feet (wheels):

y4m7elDOLxtEOkLodDf5U0FY7DV2zFyvMG7kkZL1

y4m1rKCbqItNM6nciI07lkcY0zIv8qNiwN0TeORy

Nine undercarriage doors each is a bit excessive don’t ya think?

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 45

ooh looking lovely those Hawks are.

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

Thanks for your timely intervention (not) mate…. ;)

I was going to y'know.   Being as I am the Stator of the Blessed Obviance and all that. I really was going to.  Then I thought he can't be that silly can he? Really?  No, he can't be.   Therefore I refrained from drawing attention to your (I assumed) slight omission lest I embarrassed you in front of your pals. No one could be that silly. It was so obvious.

I shall now resume my role as Stator...

turns out you were :D

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, Fritag said:

Oh alright; I’ll do a Jag sometime.  Think I’ll dabble with other stuff for a bit first tho’…

Noooooooooooooooo,you mean i got to wait even longer for the Jags😭

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Fritag said:

Oh alright; I’ll do a Jag sometime.

You know it makes sense ..... 😉

12 hours ago, Fritag said:

The Hawks can now stand on their own two (three) feet (wheels):

As any respectable Hawks should be able to do! I must say, seeing them there on their wee legs, is rather pleasing. 👍

I had to do a quick recap on the nine door bit ....... I think I get it ........ 🤔

T.

• Like 1

Nice work. I still can't take in this rush of progress. Are you OK Steve or shall we send for the resident BM vet?

Concerned of Mars 👽

• Haha 7

On 12/8/2022 at 10:31 PM, hendie said:

No one could be that silly. It was so obvious.

….

turns out you were :D

You sound like my wife.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:44 AM, Terry1954 said:

I had to do a quick recap on the nine door bit ....... I think I get it ........ 🤔

My maths is correct isn’t it?  3 doors for the nose leg, 3 doors for each main leg (one big door inboard and two smaller ones outboard)  3 + 3 + 3 = 9?

17 hours ago, Martian said:

I still can't take in this rush of progress. Are you OK Steve or shall we send for the resident BM vet?

Concerned of Mars 👽

Bit of a nose bleed, but nothing too serious ;)

17 hours ago, keefr22 said:

What, short and fat?   :hmmm:

I think BAE Systems prefers compact and sturdy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

My maths is correct isn’t it?

Impeccable maths Steve (never in doubt!), but that wasn't directly what caused me to need to think on the matter............... It was more the reaction to your statement that a total of nine seemed excessive. For a moment (and I can tell you that at the age of 68 a moment can be quite a long time), my old brain felt that was indeed a large number of undercarriage doors for a little Hawk to have! 😲

I've had a full brain reboot now, so all is well for the next few hours!

T.

• Haha 6

I get Bald moments, but I've used it to my benefit

Standard response to Postie within earshot of SWMBO

'I can't remember ordering this/these' followed by an exagerated Gallic shrug

Once the thought is there it can't be un-thought

Anyroadup praps you could offer one of the 5? little gems to various to clubs stands at next years Tellers and start a sort of a BM treasure hunt? I am confident you would be sans hands in no time.

I know your skills involved in getting these to where they are have been improved and expanded, but looking back at the Chippie and the 'low tech'(but gobsmacking) techniques used on that little beauty, I am encouraged that non-cads like myself can still aspire to attaining the bar (see what I did there?) set by your good self.

Box On

Strickers

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

For a moment (and I can tell you that at the age of 68 a moment can be quite a long time), my old brain felt that was indeed a large number of undercarriage doors for a little Hawk to have!

22 hours ago, HAMP man said:

I get Bald moments, but I've used it to my benefit

There's a long-running thing in my family that we suffer from CRAFT moments, which are not age-related so any of us can have them. It stands for Can't Remember A Flaming* Thing

*It's not actually flaming, but I'd get into trouble with the mods if I'd written the correct word

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I really think you should extend these builds infinitely Steve. Go for the record and associated page count, that way we could all enjoy the ultimate 'infinity build', although looking at this you're dangerously close to actually finishing them. Besides, what would you do with yourself once these are wrapped up? :winkgrin:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Besides, what would you do with yourself once these are wrapped up? :winkgrin:

Well a couple of Jaguars should take up a few more of your Earth decades.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 8