Convair 990 from F-RSIN

propfan

I've not made one but have a couple of Viscounts on the bench and have the ATR and seen my brothers work

As Jess says, short run so a little work compared to the latest modern mould, but. a lot easier than the older 1960-80's kits that get re released.

A little work which is not hard to do should see a good result. From what I've seen Roden seem to be similar. Very buildable.

Great kits. I am certainly not close to being an expert modeller, but these are among my favourites. They end up going together a lot simpler than at first glance.

Cheers,

Mike

As others have said, F-RSIN kits are short run mouldings and require a lot more work than anything by Revell or Zvezda. If you expect to shake the box and have it fall together you will be badly disappointed but if you are prepared to put in the work you should end up with an excellent model. To put it another way, F-RSIN caters for the model maker rather than the kit assembler.

I haven't built the Convair 990 but I'm just finishing a Britannia and in the past I've built the Deux Ponts and the Trident:-http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971854-1144-trident-3b-british-airways/

I have the 990 on my waiting to start list and the link posted by Jessica is an inspiration.

• 8 months later...

Thanks very much, I think it's wise to make another choice.

It's your decision but in my view you are missing the possibility of an excellent model. More than with any other manufacturer the results you get from F-RSIN kits are directly proportionate to the effort you put in. Do the work and you can end up with a masterpiece:

http://smallscale144.jimdo.com/galerie-model-gallery/convair-cv990/