Su-22 1/48 KP Special Edition Karaya

exdraken

The Su-17/22 from KP/ Kopro seems to be available again!

as Special Edition from Karaya with resin seat (which one ever this might be ) and polish decals :) :)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-48-Karaya-S4801-Sukhoi-Su-22M4-Polish-AF-SPECIAL-LIMITED-model-/291406042214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item43d9275466

$_57.JPG

finally!!!

Edited by exdraken

wow, interesting!

there si still life in these old fighter-bombers after 20 years in storage!!!

do they wear Syrian or Iranian markings? any ideas?

Syrian markings: they've been donated to the SyAAF.

And they're actually all quite fresh out of overhauls (fuselages were overhauled in Iran, 'inside' in Syria). So, I would say they've got a few additional years of service.

Syrian markings: they've been donated to the SyAAF.

And they're actually all quite fresh out of overhauls (fuselages were overhauled in Iran, 'inside' in Syria). So, I would say they've got a few additional years of service.

interesting what happens lately in the middle east...

maybe they have service life for several years, ... but as it as a quite cruel war zone... life expectancy in probably not so high.... additionally this will depend largely on the future of Syria as a state, an that is far from certain!

ok, politics off now!

Still available on the karaya web site, 144 PLN=£25/26 including postage.

seems to be limited to 200 pieces... so will not last eternally!

link for the lazy ones:

http://www.karaya.pl/en/-/0/sukhoi-su-22m4-fitter-k-polish-air-force-s48001.html?ref=%2Fen%2Fsearch.html

Edited by exdraken

got my kit today!

KP/ Kopro plastic for a Su-17M4 or Su-22M4 ( the M3 tail fin filler is not provided)

as expected nice decals for 3 polish schemes (one in a very rare experimental low-viz scheme)

and a resin ejection seat, which is better than the kit seat, but not as nice as Neomega, Aires, Quickboost, or Eduard ones. (I suspect it is the same seat as in Karaya's (ex FM) MiG-29 upgrade set )

a nice full color paint guide with spot on colors is provided for all three aircraft, as well as a newly printed glossy instruction sheet

IMG_7269_1_1_zpstvexy00w.jpg

definitely worth it and an overdue re-edition!

• Like 3

Still waiting on mine, is it just the decal sheet shown or is there a stencil sheet in there too?

Muzz

polish stencils would have been nice indeed!

sorry, I only found the decals seen above!

The decal sheet from Authentic Decals comes with a reasonable set of stencils with it although I have feeling these are more for the Ukrainian markings. The decal sheet that comes with the Eduard boxing also has a decent set of stencils but that's not much good to someone buying this kit!

here are some for example,

decently priced

accuracy for polish Aircraft? no idea

http://www.jadarhobby.pl/hidecal-48011-su17m4-fitter-148-p-3567.html?language=en&currency=EUR

modelmakerdecals promised polsih su-22 decals a year ago... lets see, wait and hope for decals + stencils!

Ordered this morning, had a response from the owner straight away, all paid for and on it's way Monday!

All thanks to you exdraken, having watched your build thread! Not get on with your Mi-24! :P

hmmm the Mi-24... which actually will be a -35 ;)

a bit stalled, but NOT abandoned! ;)

the new Su-22 als also waiting to be done.... a bit different this time! watch out ;)!

My kit arrived yesterday, earlier than the estimated date which was good but I can't say I'm impressed with their packing of the kit for posting, in a bubble wrap lined envelope!! The kit box lid is pretty flimsy and unfortunately my kit didn't survive the journey unscathed, two large cracks in the rear of the port side fuselage half. The fuselage half is nearly in three bits, luckily the plastic has broken in such a way that'll it should be easy to repair. I may email Karaya and see if they'll send a replacement part.