F84-G Thunderjet - Royal Danish Air Force

Right after much agravation with Photobuckety thing and posting on here (I am an IT Dino Mk1 and the reason I dont post much as I loose entire evenings fighting with the PC to post images)

This is my entry chosen after much extension of the 'mahusive' stash due to the enticing fun of this group build .... so I bought a KORA Floatplane conversion set for Airfix Tiger Moth to convert it to Danish Air Force, an F-16 by Heller (Can't stand F-16's !) an MPM Fokker D.XXI Danish Type , Amodel DH 60M Metal Moth with Danish Markings & the eventual winner the F-84 Thunderjet from heller 'cos of the Markings and the Italeri F84 for the quality of the kit (looks Academy to me)

Why the F-84 ? well never made one before, it will look different in 'camo' instead of the usual natural metal plus I had a set of 1950's Danish pilots wings with which to pose with it once completed...yes completed (eeek! place your bets on that one!!)

Why Denmark as my nation of choice ...well always wanted to visit the Scandinavian countries and although I am familiar with the Swedish Air Force hadn't a clue about the Danish so I will hopefully learn something new. I believe there is a new book out on Danish F-84's hope its in English!

DSCF9589.jpg

• Like 4

Interesting choice ! A Danish F-84G (or better RF) has been on my to-do list for many years, looking forward to this.

And yes, the Italeri box contains the Academy plastic. No bad thing at all since the Academy kit is lovely

Edited by Giorgio N

I believe there is a new book out on Danish F-84's hope its in English!

This?: http://www.stoppel-decals.dk/343070698 or http://stoppel.dk/shop/f-84e-g-rdaf-9439p.html

It is in English and I can't recommend it enough. :thumbsup: (it made me buy a pile of plankwing kits :wicked:)

And what a great choice of subject. :yahoo:

Edited by The dragonborn

Never been a massive fan of the F-84 in either plank or swept wing formats but they do look better in the Danish scheme and markings.

• 4 weeks later...

Its Easter hols from school (Like most in school these days your still working from home or going in and with 160 students out on work experience soon still busy) I started the build in a spare hour at the weekend with the usual cockpit assembly after washing the parts in detergent and applying some base coats by brush using Humbrol watered down acrylics but now hopefully can press on to finish the cockpit adding detail, washes and the instrument panel decal.

DSCF9906.jpg