star wars amt xizors virago

batcode

decided to enter this gb, after some head scratching as got so many kits could enter, decided on the amt/ertls STAR WARS (shadows of the empire) VIRAGO AS HAD THIS KIT FOR AGES AND I WANT TRY GET SOME MY OLDER PURCHASES BUILD.

it didn't come in its original box but was unstarted,

P1090259.jpg

P1090260.jpg

I made a start on it by fitting most of the sub assembly's together. got admit not the greatest of fits will be a lot of sanding down and many bits will definitely need filler!!!!!! but its something different ,

P1090261.jpg

P1090262.jpg

• Like 4

This is intriguing, I didn't know there was a kit but it makes sense given that Shadows of the Empire was supposed to be a cross-media marketing thing.

(I played the videogame, that was the limit of my involvement at the time.)

Fantasy Flight have recently released this ship as part of their X-Wing minis game, but it's more opened-out looking than the pictures I can find of the built AMT kit - are the wings/petals poseable?

Thanks,

Will

not much done lately, but managed to rub down the filler along wings, then fitted the engines and had to do some filling around them!!!! seems to be a lot of filler needed on this build and when fitting the wings each one fitted differently???? but here's a pic of current state of build.

P1090267.jpg

• Like 1

This is intriguing, I didn't know there was a kit but it makes sense given that Shadows of the Empire was supposed to be a cross-media marketing thing.

(I played the videogame, that was the limit of my involvement at the time.)

Fantasy Flight have recently released this ship as part of their X-Wing minis game, but it's more opened-out looking than the pictures I can find of the built AMT kit - are the wings/petals poseable?

Thanks,

Will

hi will sorry never replied, the wings can be posed either open or closed, not sure how will do it yet but can pose them even when build is finished!!!!

• Like 1

There's a couple on The Bay at the moment. I'm quite tempted but waiting to see how this one turns out.

Wow, lots actually. :) I was at a show in Toronto c.2001-2 which had a booth selling star wars kits from the Phantom Menace and a few odd balls for $2-3 each. I bought a couple and built some, but mostly handed them out to friends.

after bit of a delay due to getting on and finishing my lynx and apache , ive now got on with this one. yesterday managed to start on the paint and did all the panels a coat of light grey,

P1090293.jpg

then I did the exhausts with alclads exhaust, I need to practice with these as not had much luck in the past but picked up the revel cylon figure cheap and would like to use alclads fo the best nmf!!!!!

I then experimented a but on best way to weather the kit and found using a dirt wash looks good but will do other weathering once put together

P1090298.jpg

P1090299.jpg

today got the horrible task of masking up all the panels so can paint the edges!!! was going paint by hand but would if can rather use the airbrush for the perfect finish.

• Like 2

over past few days managed got most done , just got the last few bits to do now and hope have done by end of the week.

had a lot of masking to do on both sides , thinking now hand painting been a lot quicker!!!!

P1090310.jpg

most the paint is now done and major assembly, just few last bits!!!

P1090314.jpg

• Like 3

got all the paint done on the ship and put together, just the display stand to do and may do bit more weathering

P1090317.jpg

P1090318.jpg

P1090323.jpg

did want to airbrush the stand but being honest didn't fancy all the angels and circle to do all the masking up, plus looked to much like hard work..lol... so handbrushed the black but will spray the upright!!!!!.

• Like 3