1/48 Kittyhawk MIG-25PD Week 8, Project Complete.

Hi all, with just over 8 weeks gone I am calling this project complete, It has been a real challenge to say the least and has pushed me in all sorts of directions but I think the end result is well worth it.

The remaining work for this week was final assembly and the addition of all the various minor details. There are a number of antennae missing in the kit and these have all been checked and replaced using the Eduard etch set. The static discharge wips on the vertical tails have been replaced and one additional wip has been added to the wing tips.
The stencil decals have all be over coated with a very light filter to dull the new look of the stencils in line with the weathering of the airframe.
FOD Guards have been made using some foam with the etch parts on top, it would be very tough to cut a part to fit inside the intake exactly so this is a simple but effective option.

Not much more to say, picture heavy as usual, thanks to those who have been following on the work in progress forum.

(spot the mistake with the front gear doors, I have amended now see last image dowtt!!!!)
102_1085.jpg
102_1086.jpg
102_1087.jpg
102_1081.jpg
102_1076.jpg
102_1083.jpg
102_1082.jpg
102_1017.jpg
102_1094.jpg
102_1093.jpg
102_1092.jpg
102_1096.jpg
102_1097.jpg
102_1064.jpg
102_1062.jpg
102_1024.jpg
102_1020.jpg
102_1005.jpg
Gear doors turned around, it happens :banghead:

102_1105.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Danny

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 22

Great job!! You've shown great building skills on that difficult monster kit and a really nice paint finish as well.

Just a tiny nitpick: I'm not 100% sure, but I think you've got the two little nose gear doors mounted backwards...perhaps it's an easy fix. Perhaps I'm wrong though as I'm not that familiar with the MiG-25 (yet).

Now, I'm unsure whether I'm looking forward to building mine or not...

Jeffrey

• Like 1

Great job!! You've shown great building skills on that difficult monster kit and a really nice paint finish as well.

Just a tiny nitpick: I'm not 100% sure, but I think you've got the two little nose gear doors mounted backwards...perhaps it's an easy fix. Perhaps I'm wrong though as I'm not that familiar with the MiG-25 (yet).

Now, I'm unsure whether I'm looking forward to building mine or not...

Jeffrey

A fine spot Sir, thank you for that, I am sorting it now, easy enough, don't know how I missed that, dowtt.

thanks

Danny

Loved your build thread, the detail and the subtle weathering has produced a very realistic looking effect :)

Thanks Woody, it has been a long 8 weeks but I am happy with the result.

Regards.

Danny

superb looking 'foxbat', great job on the paint and the nmf looks great...

Thanks mate, I hoped that the NMF against the light blue grey would stand out and I think it balanced out quite nicely, NMF is Tamiya acrylics as usual.

Regards.

Danny

That's an amazing aircraft. Great weathering and metal effects. Something for being pruod of.

I can only dream about such a result.

Great job.

Thanks very much mate I am very pleased with her.

Regards.

Danny