Desert eyes-Academy Storch 1/72-Corrected!

Hi all,Academy,s little Storch just finished.It was a cracking kit to build a bit fiddly and wing issues which needed fixing but it was

cheap,fell into my interest in building some Luftwaffe types and I had never built one before! Hope you like and background story

here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977389-academy-172-fiesler-storch/

SDC13045%20640x480_zpsjelvt8pp.jpgSDC13044%20640x480_zpsjcdkivzm.jpgSDC13043%20640x480_zpsduhcnqf1.jpgSDC13041%20640x480_zpscrzldfl3.jpgSDC13040%20640x480_zpsbp8d6mwd.jpgSDC13038%20640x480_zpsr43egy7h.jpgSDC13037%20640x480_zpsdo6v1f2k.jpgSDC13032%20640x480_zpsoj8s8y11.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 25

That turned out brilliantly Steve.I am so impressed with the camo - it demonstrates how much patience you have - especially in this scale. A little stunner! :goodjob:

Kind regards

Stix

• Like 1

My fists of ham wouldn't cope with what looks like a very delicate construction job - hats off to you for such a fine result.

• Like 1

Fantastic Steve!

I love the storch, it's fascinated me ever since one landed in the field opposite my house in my yuff.

You've inspired me to dig one out from somewhere.

Cheers.

Rick.

• Like 2

yes Steve, very good build and full marks. I read your w.i.p. and appreciate the education. Can I be a bit of a wet blanket and suggest that the leading edge slats are on backwards. The round edge should be to the fore and the thin or sharp edge to the rear. If you can't change yours then maybe a heads up for anyone else building a Storch. All the best, Mikey W.

• Like 2

yes Steve, very good build and full marks. I read your w.i.p. and appreciate the education. Can I be a bit of a wet blanket and suggest that the leading edge slats are on backwards. The round edge should be to the fore and the thin or sharp edge to the rear. If you can't change yours then maybe a heads up for anyone else building a Storch. All the best, Mikey W.

Thanks Mike I never picked that up in the instructions,they have come of a couple of times so I can easily correct them before I move it up to the loft

and try to find shelf space!

That's a fiddly little model beautifully handled!

In spite of that infamous and spurious Academy dihedral, which I see that you didn't bother to deal with, she really looks like a Storch.

Very slick build!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1