Pakistani JF-17 Thunder 1/48 Trumpeter

absolutely nice model!

very well executed!

I like your MiG-29 exhaust cross-use! :) :)

How was the Dream Model PE to use? I only did the J-10 exhaust once (adapted them for the Su-27 ;)) that was a real Dream (Model)!

Two things though about the load out of your model:

I am not so sure about the missile selection, normal PAF use Aim-9L/M Sidewinders, these are Chinese missiles looking like Phyton III and Magic missiles

the fuel tanks look a bit weird, I think I have not seen them on operational JF-17s... they look a bit like strangely shaped tanks for the MiG-21! Did they come with the kit?

but all in all, GREAT!

think I have to do one as well!

absolutely nice model!

very well executed!

I like your MiG-29 exhaust cross-use! :) :)

How was the Dream Model PE to use? I only did the J-10 exhaust once (adapted them for the Su-27 ;)) that was a real Dream (Model)!

Two things though about the load out of your model:

I am not so sure about the missile selection, normal PAF use Aim-9L/M Sidewinders, these are Chinese missiles looking like Phyton III and Magic missiles

the fuel tanks look a bit weird, I think I have not seen them on operational JF-17s... they look a bit like strangely shaped tanks for the MiG-21! Did they come with the kit?

but all in all, GREAT!

think I have to do one as well!

The PE set was ok, I didn't use all of it, for example I did not use the pe plates for the instruments on the sides of the pit because the kit details were better and raised where the pe is not. Otherwise no problems except that its quite soft metal. Funny you should mention the J-10 exhaust because I have received this set last week. I have already started the build of the J-10 and I will be going for the early testflight camo scheme. I cannot post a picture from here so I would like to direct you to Google for this. I will post a picture this evening because I really need help in finding the right colors for it.

As for the missiles and tanks, These were all advised in the instructions. There were several option of weaponry in the box and I just picked my favorites :winkgrin: . And yes, all from the kit.

You really should build it because it is a very pleasant kit to build and the fit is excellent. The only bit of struggle was the part for the engine beneath the tail. This needs so sanding to get flush..

All in all thanks for your nice comments and critics and have a nice day!!

Reg. Jeroen

Edited by Robotics

She's a beauty !

Will you be sharing the Black Shark ? :whistle:

I have just finished the alligator this weekend and my friend René (HartDeco) and I will be making some good pictures next weekend and I will post them after that is done.

It is not black however, it is camouflaged tan/green with a blue underside.

Reg. Jeroen