Airfix starter set Gnat, Frederik & Dylan joint build

hgbn

This thread is the building of two Airfix starter set Folland Gnats by Frederik aged 10 who is my son and Dylan aged 9 who is Pats (Jockney's) son. They are, thanks to Britmodeller going to be penpals, this gives each of them a chance to learn a new language, Frederik English / Scots and Dylan Danish as well as share the fun building kits together.

Pat and I will both post the progress of each, with the understanding that it's the lads doing the building so their dads will need to try and resist the temptation to get involved. We have a third Gnat as a contingency plan in case we have a c*ck up of serious proportions.

So ladies and gentlemen, sit back and watch the fun

cheers Henrik & Pat

PS. Having a little trouble getting photo's transfered from my wifes phone. will post some pictures later

• Like 6

Hi everyone

Sorry for the delay in posting, Dylan was so keen to start on the kit that the box and contents was open before I had a chance to take the first photo ! Hopefully Henrik was more organised and got a photo of the kit unopened.

image.jpg2_zpsnjtoxhfe.jpg

As you can see, this is an old fashion, building on the kitchen table job. So construction has to be postponed at meal times.

image.jpg1_zpscnzszaxj.jpg

He has made a good start on the cockpit, with hindsight it would have been better to paint the cockpit first and there was a bit of a hiccup with which instrument decals went where, but self corrected.

image.jpg4_zpsmixx0gfw.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsi014fuu8.jpg

I believe the plan now is to paint the cockpit before fuselage assembly, but as I am just the photographer and narrator on this your guess is as good as mine.

Henrik and Fredrick's post next, looking forward to seeing how they are getting on.

Cheers Pat & Dylan

• Like 2

Looking great Dylan! Frederik envies the neatness of your work. First words when he saw your post was Oh boy he is good. So keep up the good work.

Still struggling to get pictures transfered so here is a update without any pics, will add them instantly as soon they arrives at my PC.

Frederik have reached the same point as you supervised by an adult, However he have been working unsupervised too :wall: Think he got carried away somehow :oops::winkgrin: