Roden 1/48 UV-20A Chiricahua

Hello,

Here's my 1/48 Roden UV-20A, in US Army Berlin Brigade markings. The US Army bought a pair of the Pilatus PC-6 in 1979 and named them UV-20, and used them for patrol and light transport duties in West Berlin, much like the RAF used the Chipmunk. Once Germany was reunited, they were transferred to US Army parajump display team, the Golden Knights, where one of them is still in use (the other one collided with a Cessna and crashed).

Its OOB, with only an extra antenna added on the nose. I wish there are aftermarket decals for it, though, as the Roden ones are not very good. The yellow ones like on the tail are way too transluscent, many of them are not in register, and they don't like to confirm to the surface very much. I opted to paint the cheatline instead of using the decals for it. The antennas are from steel wire. I used Italeri white and Tamiya Olive Drab paint mostly.

Thanks for looking.

P3104181_zpspyd1uy2j.jpg

P3104182_zpsodj6tayb.jpg

P3104183_zpsgsqxamru.jpg

• Like 14

Very nice indeed, I have a soft spot for the PC-9 as I made my first ever flight in one followed very quickly by my first parachute jump,.........I was to make another 8-9 flights before I finally managed to make a landing in an aircraft!

You have got the colours just right for the Berlin Bde scheme and the antennae look great,

Cheers

Tony