Mil Mi-4 Hound - Hobby Boss 1/72

Mil Mi-4 Hound

Hobby Boss 1/72

Finally managed to get a build finished this year. It was a nice little kit with reasonably good fit and detail but for some reason I decided to make it incredibly fiddly and fragile with the addition of Eduard's exterior etch set. It does add some nice details though.

Hope you enjoy the shots

16765154942_eb9ec65a06_c.jpg

16580080079_90108a9307_c.jpg

16765150532_1274bf4269_c.jpg

16580075329_986a158615_c.jpg

16578638598_2f4e68f993_c.jpg

16580069639_dcf5ed8751_c.jpg

16765034591_e7ecc7aa25_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 35

First Mi-4 I have ever seen built. And it looks gorgeous and so fragile!

Beautiful paint job

JR

• Like 1

Cool model, painting and weathering. Pictures are awesome too :thumbsup:

I can imagine how brittle the model becomes with exterior PE stuff installed. But it really add up to the model!

And yeah - quite a brutal approach by Mil' bureau to get an automated gun turret... The French in Algeria had to install a gun in the doorway...

• Like 1

Not the most graceful looking helicopter to my eyes - but your build and photography are as top notch as always.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everyone

Top job sir! Excelent build and presentation! What did you used for weathering?

Thanks, the streaking on the fuselage was done with oils which were also used to fade the stars. There's also some paint chipping which is quite hard to see in the photos but was done with masking fluid. You can see the effect better on this close up of the gondola

16097868413_104ee9bbb5_c.jpg

It was sprayed a darker blue, the the masking fluid applied with a sponge, then a paler colour sprayed over and the masking rubbed off.

Thanks again

Andy

• Like 2

the streaking on the fuselage was done with oils which were also used to fade the stars.

This is "oil points" method? Edited by IGKent

Superb build and finish Andy not many of these Hobbyboss kits seem to get posted unfortunately I love them I,ve got their Sea Knight and Choktaw

to do hope they look as good as that when finished.

• Like 1

Yes, it is. Small dots of oil, blended in with a soft brush. On the stars I just painted white oil over the decal to fade the red slightly

Thank so much, Andy!

Regards!

Igor.

Edited by IGKent
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Hopefully I'll get some better shots up soon, my monitor was playing up when I processed these and as a result the white balance and tone are miles off

Superb build and finish Andy not many of these Hobbyboss kits seem to get posted unfortunately I love them I,ve got their Sea Knight and Choktaw

to do hope they look as good as that when finished.

I completely agree. They're great little kits, cheap too. It would be great to see more builds of them. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the Sea Knight and Choktaw

Andy

Excellent model, well made and the paint shading looks superb.

• Like 1