So *eventually* I managed to put the first two engines together and tried to add them onto the plane. I encountered several issues with pieces not quite fitting neatly together here - not sure if it was more my lack of skill or if this is a known problem with the kit at all?

The casing for the engines didn't sit flat together (i think this was more to do with my lack of ability) but then the engine itself didn't sit on the wing neatly either...

IMG_20150802_181514338.md.jpg

Added the other engines and put the wheels on. I'll be honest - by this point I had gotten a bit frustrated with painting before putting things together (there are several grubby fingerprints on all the furniture now!) so I have decided I'll try delicate hand painting all the remaining bits once it is all put together... *braces for cries of 'noooo'!*

IMG_20150802_181526453.jpg

Added the glass on the cockpit and was getting a bit of the enthusiasm back now it is coming together much more quickly!

IMG_20150802_202712095.jpg

IMG_20150802_202631125.jpg

All together now!

Now to start the painting. Doing a free hand copy of the suggested camo style on the top of the plane - are there any tips for how to get the lines crisp and neat? Masking tape? Was going to use that to do the divide between the bottom half in dark grey and the top camo line.

IMG_20150802_214917573.jpg(this is the first coat - using the humbrol enamel paints)

IMG_20150803_223931245.jpg

IMG_20150803_223915589_TOP.jpgSecond coat done here - looking a bit nicer now! Have to neaten the lines and do some careful painting, but feeling better about it!

Sadly got a small green thumb print on the right hand side of the glass around the front gunner bit (see image above). Any suggestions as to how to remove this? Let it dry and gently scratch it off?

Let me know what you reckon! Sorry again for the slow updates on the build and this long post!

- Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Final update here for me here!

I have added a couple more coats of paint to all the parts of the plane, but suddenly noticed that I had put my propellers on wrong *duh* :banghead: I had put the two larger ones both on the same side, rather than a thinner and larger one on either side. Fortunately, my gluing abilities obviously leave much to be desired, and I was able to remove one of the props entirely as well as a whole engine from the other side!

IMG_20150816_191105660.jpg

I had to cut each blade off individually and re-glue them back on as a bit of a hack job to get them back in the correct place. Not sure how I didn't spot this originally but ah well.

IMG_20150816_193508184.jpg
(All glued back together!)

Finally I got to put on the exterior decals which I had been looking forward to doing as I was hoping they would tie the plane together and make it look a wee bit better!

I tried to follow the guide images on the last page of the instructions as closely as possible in order to have each bit in the correct position, however the images weren't all that accurate and some of the decals had to be guesstimated.

IMG_20150816_220050647.jpg

(This decal, according to the instructions was meant to sit further to the tip of the wing and have a good amount of space between it and the edges...)

Oh well! It has all been put together now and has been brought into the Casemate UK office for everyone to get a look at! Will post the final images up in the Ready for Inspection area now!

Cheers guys!

- Andy

• Like 1