Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but here goes, (apologies if not)

I've just grabbed myself Fujimi's Zuikaku in 1/350th scale, I'm just wondering if there's a company who produces a full set of P.E for this vessel (apart from Fujimi, themselves that is).

Or is it a case of having to buy individual P.E sets?

Thanks in advance 😃

The only company that did etch etc for this kit was Fujimi themselves, and are, I believe out of production. WEM were about to release a set just before their demise, but I don't think it got beyond the design stages. So you'll have to go the route of individual sets of Japanese items, of which there are plenty available. I've got he same problem with the Shokaku kit.

I did think that was the way I'd have to go tbh. I was hoping I'd missed something when searching the web for the P.E, but hey-ho. I'm really hoping WEM are back up and running before too long, it's my one-stop shop for P.E etc.

I'm just waiting for a copy of GAKKEN IJN CV Shokaku Class to arrive from Japan I managed to snag off eBay, so that should help with the P.E purchases.

Thanks for the info :)

Hijacking this thread ever so slightly (apologies) - what are these Fujimi kits like? I've seen a few of their Japanese carriers available and I fancy getting one to go with my Hasegawa Akagi, but they're quite expensive. Are they on a par with the Akagi in terms of detail? How well do they go together? I'm considering the Zuikaku or possibly the Hiryu...

The Fujimi kits are superb and yes they are as good as the Hasegawa carriers. I have the Shokaku and Hiryu in the sash and if they build up in the same way as my IJN battleship Fuso then they will be an absolute delight.

• Like 1

I've never built a Fujimi kit before, I'm in the middle of Hasegawa's Nagato and I'm hoping my Zuikaku goes together as well as that one. In the box the detail of the parts looks good, but I guess the proof of the pudding will be when I start to build it.

The one major drawback of the Fujimi carriers is the lack of dedicated photo-etch (the only ones being Fujimi's own, and they've got mixed reviews and they're expensive). If you're considering spending your hard earned on one of them, my advice would be to get yourself some good research material. At least then you'll have some idea of what type of photo-etch you'll need to order (this is what I'm currently doing).

I can't wait to get going on the Zuikaku to be honest, but I'll need to do lots of research and lots of ebaying before I start. :)

Edited by Dylandogg

Here's my Fuso. Not only was the kit excellent, so was the Fujimi etch. Not the best photos I will admit.

WIP http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234921538-ijn-fuso/?hl=fuso

RFI http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234922397-ijn-battleship-fuso/?hl=fuso

• Like 1

Nice build Dave, kit and etch looks really good for the Fuso.

I've seen the Fujimi Zuikaku etch for sale on eBay, so I may give it another look. It still looks a little expensive at over £100, but may still be more cost effective than buying separate etch. I know artwox do a wooden deck for the Zuikaku as well as Fujimi, don't know which is the best out of them (the artwox one is somewhat cheaper, if that's any indication).

Thanks for the links though, enjoyed looking through the build process. :)