Douglas DC-3, Trans World Airline.

1:144 Roden.

dak2_zpsoj4eydan.jpg

This aircraft needs no introduction!

It is the new Roden kit in 1:144 and a lovely little kit it is too. No issues with construction, it fits together beautifully. The decals are a big improvement over previous Roden offerings, but still need to be handled carefully.

Finish is Alclad with Citadel silver for the control surfaces. We could do with a few aftermarket decal sheets for this one, I'll certainly build more, it is a great little kit and a huge improvement over the Minicraft offering.

dak1_zpstb7pa1gz.jpg

dak3_zpsu0uwvrgk.jpg

dak4_zpscvjbkjtp.jpg

dak6_zpsmo4y4u9e.jpg

dak5_zpsv3faqcdx.jpg

It isn't very big at all, with the modellers standard reference point, a jar of Tamiya paint;

dak7_zpsjezpfnn5.jpg

And finally, the 'with something else' picture. It could only be the Fly Models DC-9-10 with Draw Decals TWA markings.

dak8_zpskvogxgfl.jpg

dak9_zps071exlml.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 22

Looks great John, it is tiny, but crammed with nice detail for its size. The pictures don't really bring it out, but the silver finish is superb having seen it in the flesh. Love the pics next to the DC-9 too :)

Neil

I'm afraid I've run out of superlatives John. :weep:

I've built a couple of these myself and you've absolutely nailed it.

One criticism though - I'm finding myself automatically scrolling down to the bottom of your post to see the "with something else" shot first. You haven't let me down, but I'm beginning to think I need help. :mental:

mike

You've turned out another beauty. I've heard nice things about this Roden kit, but have only played with the Minicraft one thus far.

I second what was said above about Classic-Airlines; I am, as we speak, building an Air Rhodesia one with their decal.

Always look forward to seeing your builds.

Cheers,

Mike

• 1 year later...