Tamiya Corolla WRC

A5h

Hi , A5h . This is bringing back the memories . I built this in about 2000 when the WRC was at its peak . We were spectating on the 1997 R.A.C Rally and Didier Auriol had a big crash in a then still new Corolla very near us . The car was wrecked and in my garage is one of the wipers and bits of carbon light pod . Wish Tamiya or Hasegawa would get back to building current rally car kits .

Gary .

• Like 2

Nice story Gary and thanks for sharing it. Tbh I have never been to any rallying though I do wish to, theres a link to the historical rally events page below.

I know exactly what you mean regarding the new releases which rarely pop up as a rally car, Belkits and Heller seem to be the only ones who have the latest ones.

Theres lots I want to build and a few im watching on Ebay right now, just been outbid on one but I will get the next which runs out in a few hours.... I hope!

http://www.hrcr.co.uk/Forthcoming_Events/

Ash

Edited by A5h
  • Like 1

Hi again . Been to garage and rooted out the wiper and lamp pod off Auriols crashed Corolla . I picked them up from the floor but i remember some people were pulling bits off the wreckage . Notice how the wiper arm is drilled out . The early Corollas must have been heavy and every bit of weight saving counts !!

Gary .

001_zpsuhitxzmg.jpg

002_zpsqkj5haku.jpg

• Like 1

Oh yeah.. Wonder if they made it whistle with all those holes? Not That they could tell over the sound of 300 horses under the bonnet.

I will do.. Thankfully I bought the micro what's a couple of weeks ago, had the humbrol stuff before and it is rubbish!!

• Like 1

Oh yeah.. Wonder if they made it whistle with all those holes? Not That they could tell over the sound of 300 horses under the bonnet.

I will do.. Thankfully I bought the micro what's a couple of weeks ago, had the humbrol stuff before and it is rubbish!!

I used Humbrol Decalfix with mine and although it work really well with the sidepod decals on my revell MP4-25 it really didn't with the Corolla.

Looking forward to how yours turns out.