KLM New Colors F-100's
1:144 Draw decal

fok5.jpg

Derived from the F28 Fellowship, the Fokker 100 features a stretched fuselage, new wing and Rolls-Royce Tay engines. First flying in 1986, 283 were built before Fokker went into bankruptcy in 1997.
A shorter version was developed by removing 4.7 metres from the fuselage, as the Fokker 70. Both versions have been operated by KLM Cityhopper, although the 100's have now all been retired from the fleet.

The Revell kit is the only injection moulded model of the aircraft and is getting hard to find now. Fortunately Bradley on this forum kindly sent me an example. It build easily, but would suggest modifying the wing fit. There are 2 pegs on each wing that fit into holes in the root profile on the fuselage. Unforunately they knock the whole wing incidence down too low, and leave a step on the leading edge underside. I cut the forward pegs off my wings and simply aligned them with the root profile, which solved the problem.

Decals are from Draw Decal reviewed here, representing the final scheme worn by the KLM Cityhopper fleet,and fit very nicely. There are options for 2 different window & door layouts, and a variety of registrations. Follow Draw Decals instructions and use the hot towel method of pressing the dcals on to the model, it works very well.

One more addition to my airliner fleet;

fok7.jpg

fok6.jpg

fok8.jpg

fok9.jpg

fok10.jpg

fok11.jpg

And finally with something else', my Revell Boeing 737-900 conversion, also using a Draw Decals KLM set

fok12.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 33

Very nice result John. Your decal work is superb too.

As you say, this kit is next to impossible to find these days, which is a pity.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind comments guys.

...and Foghorn Leghorn, I really wish I had chosen, I say I really wish I had chosen that avatar!

"The snow, I say the snow's so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk 'em" :rofl:

• Like 1

I have to admit as a non-airliner modeller these two airliners are really splendid and there's a strong urge to build one!

Come to the dark side. We have tiny little booze bottles.

You know you want to :P

• Like 2

Fabulous work John, well up to your usual standards.

What did you use for the blue? I did an F70 a couple of years ago and used X312 which I felt came out a bit too dark. Your blue looks much lighter.

• Like 1

Fabulous work John, well up to your usual standards.

What did you use for the blue? I did an F70 a couple of years ago and used X312 which I felt came out a bit too dark. Your blue looks much lighter.

Thanks Skoda, I mixed it myself from Tamiya acrylics, to match the 'KLM' decal logos on the tailfin. Just kept blending sky blue, blue, and white until I got a match. I use an empty,cleaned out, Tamiya jar so that there is enough to cover and do any patch ups that are needed. I had enough left from the 737 to do the Fokker as well, although both builds are separated by a couple of years. So at least it proves that the stuff keeps!

Cheers

John

Another stunner John. There is one of these preserved on top of the gates (yes on top!) at Schiphol airport unless it's a 70!, can't quite remember.

It's a 100 on top of the terminal Neil. Access is from outside the terminal ie you can't get to it from departures/arrivals when you have a couple of hours to kill between filghts :-(

Edited due to dodgy aircraft recognition!