Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Special Colour Edition - Tamiya 1/12

I actually finished a model :yikes: and it only took me two months...

I present my first motorcycle model, hopefully not the last. I hope you like it. There are no doubt many things that could have been better, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. One of the flame motif decals is missing (thanks to a masking incident) but a replacement sheet is one the way.

It's built out-of-the-box and finished in Tamiya Spray, Tamiya Acrylics and Alclad metallics. I used Alclad Aqua Gloss to seal the decals, but to be honest I didn't really get on with it and the finish is not as glossy as it might have been.

16118531774_7a395c7a90_b.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Special Colour Edition by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

16533644747_1636773f83_b.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Special Colour Edition by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

16739837052_5f619b58bf_b.jpg

16739839672_344364080f_b.jpg

16553305730_5ae1209989_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'll add a few close-ups later. The build thread is here.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Caution Wake Turbulence
  • Like 8

Hi Andrew,

Can I just say that you have done an amazing job on this kit and made me wish I had done my first kit in this scheme.

I will be adding this to my wish list for future buys.

Well done.

Rick

(A very jealous model bike builder)

• Like 1

Really great looking kit. Looks like you could just throw your leg over it & go out for a spin! I've never considered building a bike kit before now. You might have just convinced me!

• Like 1