Meng EOD set

SeanM

Just arrived...look very nice!

20150306_204850_zpsoah5rbyz.jpg

2 men in suits, 2 robots, 2 laptops, 1 Playstation controller :) and 1 IED

Will do a detailed review when I start them in a week or two

• Like 1

Inside the standard Meng end opening box are 3 grey plastis sprues and one clear sprue with the two visors.

There is a single folded A4 size leaflet with th einstructions for both robots. The parts are very nicely molded with no flash and very few seam lines visable.

EOD1_zps2btkhbnn.jpg

EOD2_zpsshk42wsp.jpg

The figures are also very crisply molded with no flash and only very faint seam lines on the legs that are obvious. The instructions for the figures are on the back of the box as are the painting instructions for the robots.

EOD3_zpskwuovgvo.jpg

There are no decals in the set which is a pity. Screenshots for the laptops would have been a nice touch.

I'll provide more insight and thoughts when i actually start cutting & gluing

Cheers

Sean

Quickly put this chap together last night to see how he looks. No issues to report. As you can see there are some very faint seams and some tiny gaps around the arms. Both will be easy to rectify. EOD4_zpsxem1aet6.jpg

The big challenge will be painting the face nestled in the helmet. The molding is fantastic though…

Interesting, I saw this set had been released, would make an interesting subject for a dio.

Look forward to watching your progress.

For the laptop how about just paint the 'blue screen of death'...

Edited by SaintsPhil

Hi Phil,

the problem is you would rarely use more than one figure or one robot at a time. At least that's my experience from watching Hurt Locker and Bomb Squad :)

The robots I'll use as accessories with vehicles. Not sure how I'll use the figures yet.

This is the Legend Productions EOD Controller I did a few years ago. Painted the screen blue and just used a decal from the spares box. I think it came from a 1/32 plane...

EOD3.jpg

And in a little vignette with anothe Legend figure and the AFV Club Talon

Figs3.jpg

Edited by SeanM
  • Like 3

Thats good value Magman.

Got the two robots together. Fit of parts is excellent and no flash. On the Talon the arm can be left movable, but we'll see how it goes after some paint. On the Packbot the small triangular tracks can be set at any angle but there is no detail at all on the inner surface.

The arms of both are very, very fragile!

IMG_0585_zpstobocre2.jpg

IMG_0586_zpswpuh9pi6.jpg

• Like 2

Cool pics MagMan, thanks. I wonder could that bin be build in where the spare wheel goes if there was no slat? I have an RG-31 in the stash beckoning to me.....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks MagMan

It looks like you'd expect: big, bulky, akward and hot....fit of the legs, body and arms was straight forward with just a little clean-up on the seams required. Just painted the face flesh tone and gave it a wash an you can't really get at it for any real detail sunk into the helmet. There is a clear face-plate that is getting a silver rim before attaching. The suit is Humbrol 159 matt Kakai Drab and I used a few differend brands of black on the straps, boots, gloves and armoured panels but you wouldn't really notice. Just a little light weathering to do. Still no plans on where to use him though....

Visor on and resurrected a little vignette, that needed some repairs, jut s to put him on until I find a more permanent setting/home for him. Those two other guys, I think my first proper attempt at figures, could also do with an over-haul

EOD-3_zpsgsidobmi.jpg

Still needs a bit of weathering but I think I'll limit that to the knees, boots,elbows and gloves from crawling around in the dirt...

• Like 1