2x Revell 1/48th B1-B Lancers

hello all

Since I was very young probably 6 or 7 I remember seeing this model in the flesh and being amazed by the size. Over the past few years I have always had this model in the back of my mind on the todo list.Well after watching some inspiring builds over different forums and finally viewings rom1's build on here me and my father have over the last few weeks got together 2 of these beasts and plan on fully stripping and detailing them where we see fit.

Firstly I would like to thank VonkeyVong for the purchase of his B1 with eduard etch we wouldn't of been able to get two so quickly without you so thanks again.

Overall the model is a great starting point.We have both opted for the eduard etch exhaust and cockpit and exterior etch metal sets. Please note the models are slightly differently boxed but in pretty much every way they are the same model for those who don't know.

This build will include improved details, lighting,scratchbuilding, and as much possible detail as we can. we plan on dropping flaps and slats opening the pilots emergency escape hatches.....dropping panels to view some of the turbines amongst many other details..We have a huge 128 page reference book for everything to work from so will be keeping them to the upmost of accuracy

usually our builds are pretty quick so i wont be posting as regualr with our builds but do stick with us as we will get there!

Enjoy

DSC_0297_zpspmdrkei7.jpg

Edited by Richard Stephens
  • Like 1

Count me in on this one. I have this in the stash with all the eduard etch. Will be interesting to follow your progress.

Cheers,

Tom.

hello

Well after a very quiet evening to myself I was able to get round to the start of my B1..Now given this model was new in the 1980's I was expecting some problems straight out of the box. To be fair to the model compared to the reference I have as you will see in the photos the attention to detail in the main undercarriage well is pretty close and won't require to much additional detail (well for me anyway). Having said that though they have hidden some really nasty injection marks right where parts close on the gap.. Luckily so far a lot of the etch has covered a few but there are still a few of them to get rid of.Today was spent mostly cleaning up interior and not really any assembly apart from test fit but im happy with the start.

enjoy

DSC_0298_zpsj7paqyq5.jpgDSC_0299_zpsyffirfnq.jpgDSC_0300_zpsr8fonsbc.jpgDSC_0302_zpsofghgaxw.jpgDSC_0303_zpsetkpdmbh.jpgDSC_0304_zpsjhghb6jm.jpgDSC_0305_zpshtluvlv1.jpg

Edited by Richard Stephens
  • Like 2

Looks like I need the rest of the eduard etch for mine. Got the interior set, but the exhaust nozzles looked rather complicated.

May I ask, where did you get the plans from, and what book do you have?

Edited by S5 modeller

POTKC sorry I should of been more clear....me and my father both are building one I'm not building both....as for the plans they were just off Internet and enlarged to correct scale....the reference book is a full look into the b1 and was a downloaded pdf file which we took colour pictures from and we have also placed are own found images from various sources

hello

Some great progress today. Bomb bays and main undercarriage wells is coming along very nicely on mine got rid of most of moulding pins and have begun detailing certain parts.My father finally got round to his and has made it his first job to hide seams on intakes and add appropriate detail.

enjoy

DSC_0306_zpsi01i64ty.jpgDSC_0307_zpsxqpy8eh0.jpgDSC_0308_zpsa1rssxju.jpgDSC_0310_zps8yujidpd.jpgDSC_0312_zpsxqybr0jr.jpgDSC_0313_zpshkcwnky2.jpgDSC_0314_zpswmwetgx7.jpg

Nice start on these birds.

Loving the detail work.

Do you think it is worth getting the exterior and exhaust etch sets?

I only have the interior sets for mine.

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Matt