RAF Buccaneer S2B - Op Granby - Airfix 1/72

Here is my final addition to a trio of RAF Op Granby jets. A link for the trio can be found here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977789-op-granby-trio-tonka-jag-and-a-buc/

The kit is the Airfix 1/72 Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S2B. As many will know the kit itself is aged and could well do with an update. I sanded off the majority of the old-school raised detail. It also required lashings of filler and sanding to get a neat fit. The decals have be modernized and were of good quality. The kit was painted in Xtracrylix "Gulf War Pink".

Thanks for looking, any comments or questions are very welcome.

dedc4cff7b522b6e25000d5f1cdf790c_zpsc475

45b85d2480552925890f55d7c48ac409_zps1fe2

ce3dba48ae21acb463492a75e94959aa_zps6968

• Like 8

Considering the age it looks fantastic, I brought this in a set with a jaguar in 1991 when airfix released its gulf war sets.

Ozzy

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.

Looks very nice! What sources did you use for the stores?

They have added a sprue to the most recent edition of the kit. It contains the modern stores. The decals for the Granby scheme were also in there. The rest of the kit really us crying out for an update though.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love the Buccaneer, its one of my fave aircraft! It has an almost brutal, ugly beautiful feel to it and you have captured it perfectly. I have this kit, and will probabaly do the Bucc in the classic mid eighties colour scheme.

Nice work,

Cheers

Viv

• Like 1

I have this kit, and will probabaly do the Bucc in the classic mid eighties colour scheme.

I am looking forward to seeing this! They really did look top notch in those colours.

I know it's been said so many times before, I really do hope they bring out an updated kit soon! I'd buy 3 straight off. One would be in an old FAA attire, one in RAF camouflage grey green. And I'd like to try a What-If in modern day All-Over Grey.