1/New Kinetic Mirage IIIE/R - right kit for building a Swiss Mirage III RS?

WildeSau75

Michael,

next time you are around Milan give me a shout then, we can arrange a visit to a few places of interest for modellers, including a couple of good bars... :lol:

Ciao Giorgio,

That sounds like a plan! I definitely will. Chances are it's gone be around May.

Looking forward!

Cheers,

Michael

• 3 months later...

Thanks Giorgio - then just the IIIS have been delivered in NMF colors first? If so, did they get their later two grey tone paint scheme before getting the canards? Means can also a two grey tone Mirage IIIS be build without canards?

TIA.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi all,

In a few pictures in a book, Mirage RS where in metallic schema with some parts in red (very first delivery schema if I remember, similar to the unique Mirage IIIC delivered to Switzerland). Those had no canards.

There is also the "Holloman" mirage (J-2302, so it's a Mirage IIIS and not RS, J- is for S, R- is for RS), the one with a big circle in black and white on each side, which was used for testing purpose, in mettalic schema and red parts but with green camouflaged nose.

Some pictures of Mirage S in 1987 are seen in 2 tones camouflages without canard (J-2311). same year the J-2322 is seen without canard in 2 gray tones and a shark mouth on nose.

take care as if you do the mirage without canards, you have to build it without RWR sensors on tail and wings and some IFF/UHF antennas. Interception light was not on place too, so you have to fill it in the Kinetic kit. Nose strakes were already on place. Also the modernized Mirages had a new ejection seat, old one was Martin-Baker SRM 4, new one was Martin-Baker SRM 6. Not sure for Chaff/Flare dispenser, but think it has been installed with canards...Finally I found some pictures on Internet (source http://www.wings-aviation.ch/16-SAF/200-Aircraft/Dassault-Mirage/Fighter.htm):

Mirage-011.jpg

Mirage-007.jpg

Hope it can help.

Edited by bedford