Dragon 1/72 Tiger 1 - Late Production w/Zimmerit + Tiger Aces - Finished - photos in the Gallery and RFI section

The guys meeting their Tiger ! Good luck with the paint job

Thank you Bernd.

Not much time on this today but I got the fifth figure assembled, a bit of filling done and a base layer of Revell's Anthracite applied:

16741006468_8c83e0b84c_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

Wow, those figures are really nicely sculpted - they don't include figures with all their 1/72 AFVs, do they?

Looking forward to see how you get on with them mate :)

Cheers,

Stew

Hi Stew. Yes they are nicely done - now I've just got to make sure I don't obliterate it all with the paint! No you are quite right - unfortunately Dragon don't include figures with the majority of their kits. Thank you.

Stix that is another beautiful cat in your garage! Absolutely amazing and i totaly love the rusty exhaust covering plates!!! Amazing, amazing!

Hi Wolwe. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I have done a bit more painting on these but nothing worth taking photos of!

Kind regards,

Stix

Now that this is pretty much complete I've posted some photos in the gallery. I still need to finish the Tiger Aces figures and then make a proper base for it and the King Tiger but, seeing how this GB is about the vehicles themselves, I thought I might as well get it in the Gallery.

I've also taken a few photos of this Tiger 1 and King Tiger together on the temporary grass base. There's two here and two different ones posted in my King Tiger build thread.

16793109888_77e2f7fa60_c.jpg

16980818925_827edb6528_c.jpg

Well they were both fun to make!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 7

The fun, building these little kits can be seen, stunning builds wirh a great love to the tiny details, cant wait to see your Tiger crowded.

Searched for a U.S tank crew but found only germans, any ideas ?

• Like 1

These are just lovely Stix. The way you photograph them is rather brilliant. Wonderful all round :goodjob::goodjob:

Thank you Nigel for your very kind comments.

Nice Tiger PlaStix. the pair of them look real cool on the grass,(oops, can I say that?) LOL.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

LOL! I don't know - see if you get told off! Made me smile anyway! Thank you Simon.

So this where you spend your time, lovely finish mate

Yes - I seem to have been bitten by the AFV bug since the D-Day GB! Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

Looking at you display of Tigers, i think you are now in a dire need for a Jagdtiger/Jagdpanther ?

Good afternoon Bernd. I think you're quite right - only thing is I've got to be able to find some at a reasonable price! I did manage a day out in Birmingham yesterday where there's a few good model shops and I managed to get some bargains - I'll probably post some details next week.

I've now managed to get the Tiger Aces figures completed. Figure painting, especially in 1/72, is not really one of my strengths but at least they're done:

16408756923_1ec99bfe6d_c.jpg

I'll try and get some decent photos taken this weekend.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 6

The figures are superb!! :thumbsup:

This pretty much covers it. They do add to the overall build and presentation,

Sean

• Like 1

Thank you Stew, Jon, Pawel, Nigel and Sean for your very kind comments. I have now added the aerials to all three of my Tiger builds. When I get chance I'll take a couple of photos to show this and the King Tiger's versions.

Kind regards,

Stix

Excellent paint job on the crew. Not an easy task but with an impressive result, they look really good.

Dragon kits in 1/72 are currently somewhat hard to find, it seems they are out of production for some time. The only kits i have found are mind blowing expensive.

There is a company out, called S-Model, from China. Easy to build kits but with good detail, maybe worth a try.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Figure painting, especially in 1/72, is not really one of my strengths but at least they're done:

What are you on about man.....Those figures are splendid! :thumbsup:

Another pair of beauties for the collection. :coolio: