Boeing 737 STGB chat

feoffee2

I don't think the polling is working properly........ I tried to vote for 20 of the entries but it will only let me vote for 1  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Well chaps, it is all over bar the shouting.

Well done to all who had a crack at the GB, and especially those who finished their models in time (and almost in time :)

I hope to see the threads of the incomplete models updated in due time to show your masterpieces, I have one to fins as well.

Thanks to all for contributing, sorry for not being around too much in the later stages, I was away for a short while and lost a little of the modelling mojo near the end.

I will get some stats together soon and the poll up and running shortly. 

As for a future Airliner GB, I'd be up for it. Just a suggestion that it be a Civil Aviation GB that would include light aircraft, civil helicopters and some ex-military types now in civilian guise. I think the last Airliners GB lost a few participants due to the Airliner restrictions.

Thanks for all your work, encouragement and input Ray.  Hope your mojo has returned.

I'm fairly sure the Airliners III GB was open to ex-military types but unless you count the DC-4 I don't think anybody entered one.  From what I know of IPMS competition rules "civil" basically means anything with a civil registration which seems a pretty good yardstick.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 10:29 AM, Skodadriver said:

Just a thought now that this GB is winding down.

I've been looking at the forthcoming GB calendar and there is nothing specifically airliner related for the rest of the year and as far as I know there are no active plans for anything in 2019 so far.  Some time ago there was a thread about a possible DC-9/MD-80 STGB but it never really took off (!) and didn't attract anywhere near the minimum number.  I'm sure we could all contribute to "Airfix: The Golden Years" and I could probably fill a KUTA GB single-handedly but these aren't specifically about airliners.  I wonder if there would be any appetite for an Airliners IV Group Build?

I'll second the motion for an Airliners IV Group Build

I've been lurking in background and have thoroughly enjoyed watching some great builds.  Congratulations to you all! 

I didn't join in because on the 737, Boeing put the engines in the wrong place.  I'd still love to see a DC-9 STGB though, or indeed Airliners IV :)

Cheers

Cliff

Thanks everyone for a great GB, this was a lot of fun and there are a lot of great models in the gallery.

I’d love another airliner/civil aircraft GB but for those of us who can’t wait there’s always the classic Airfix GB later in the year - I’ll be building something civil for that, probably either a Caravelle or Skyvan (or maybe both) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zebra said:

Thanks everyone for a great GB, this was a lot of fun and there are a lot of great models in the gallery.

I’d love another airliner/civil aircraft GB but for those of us who can’t wait there’s always the classic Airfix GB later in the year - I’ll be building something civil for that, probably either a Caravelle or Skyvan (or maybe both) 

oooh, I did not think of that, I have some Airfix airliner contenders in the stash which would fit the bill nicely!

OK, gents, the poll is closed. That brings the Boeing 737 GB to a close

John (Viking) got the most votes with his deserving Lufthansa 737-100, congrats John!

Thanks to all who participated, it was nice to see so many 737 models finished in the gallery and to follow those and the other incomplete builds.

For those who did not finish their builds, you can always just do them in your own time or wait for the end of year KUTA GB!

• Like 1

Well done John @Viking, a deserved winning build with plenty of tips for other modellers to try - particularly the engine improvements. :worthy:

Finally a big thankyou to Ray and Enzo for keeping everything rolling along.

Wow, thanks chaps. I have thoroughly enjoyed this GB, and picked up tips from many of the builds. You never stop learning and so may good ideas emerged from the various projects.

And I'll second john Nimrods thanks to Ray & Enzo for keeping things chugging along so nicely!

Cheers

John