Boeing 737 STGB chat

feoffee2

7 hours ago, zebra said:

I've got a Zvezda -800 so might join in - but there a lot of GBs I want to do next year so will see how I go. It'll be in Royal Thai Air Force colours if I do join in.

It would a colourful build, I have that kit and the same decals though had not planned on doing that scheme for the GB.

It would nice to see you join if you can find the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm all set for this now.  An Airfix -200 series with Thunderbird Decals for a Nordair scheme. And a Revell -800 with Draw Decals for  a West Jet  example plus the newly released top fuselage hump for the GPS or whatever to stick on top!!

• Like 1

On 3/4/2015 at 12:41 PM, Vingtor said:

I have 737 many kits that are waiting to be build, and even more decals than kits, so a STGB will help me get started.

I would likely go for Scandinavian, Braathens or (and?) Busy Bee.

Nils

I just got the Welsh Models 1/72 scale P-8A Poseidon kit today. I doubt I will manage to finish it in three months, though....

Nils

• Like 1

Happy to see this is back for another year. Finishes two days before my AS exams start though...

I still have that Eastern Express 737-300 that I was building last year for the Airliners GB but got frustrated with and abandoned. I don't think it would qualify for the 25% rule though, as I already added the wings and tail and converted it to be a -300WL. Also unsure of whether or not I want to face off against Eastern Express for a second round...perhaps a Zvezda -800 will be good, I already have a set of Nordstar decals for it.

EDIT: Just realized its not 'back', it didn't happen last year. I was thinking of the Airliners III GB.

Edited by POTKC

4 hours ago, Vingtor said:

I just got the Welsh Models 1/72 scale P-8A Poseidon kit today. I doubt I will manage to finish it in three months, though....

Nils

I have one of these in the stash as well Nils, having finished off the Welsh BBJ this year and the trails it caused me, I am reticent to have a go at it for the this GB, But then again...

On 12/23/2017 at 3:26 PM, POTKC said:

Happy to see this is back for another year. Finishes two days before my AS exams start though...

I still have that Eastern Express 737-300 that I was building last year for the Airliners GB but got frustrated with and abandoned. I don't think it would qualify for the 25% rule though, as I already added the wings and tail and converted it to be a -300WL. Also unsure of whether or not I want to face off against Eastern Express for a second round...perhaps a Zvezda -800 will be good, I already have a set of Nordstar decals for it.

EDIT: Just realized its not 'back', it didn't happen last year. I was thinking of the Airliners III GB.

I have just looked back at your EE 737 Alexander and I'd say that it is OK (do you really want to carry one with it? :D )and can be an entry

The Zvezda -800 sound like a better alternative, I have a couple of these in the stash but am unsure if either will make it tot he bench for this GB,

Edited by Romeo Alpha Yankee
Updated to allow build in GB - if you want to!

5 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I have one of these in the stash as well Nils, having finished off the Welsh BBJ this year and the trails it caused me, I am reticent to have a go at it for the this GB, But then again...

I have bookmarked your BM thread for reference. I think I will stick to 1/144 for the group build though, if I should have any hope finishing a model.

Nils

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, just seen this one. I'm in!

My offerings will be a couple of DACO kits, one with the ubiquitous Simpsons WP decals, the other with what I think are also a WP special scheme promoting one of the US national parks - can't remember which one it is offhand but it's very pretty!

See you there!

ATB
Rick

10 hours ago, Spad said:

Sorry, just seen this one. I'm in!

My offerings will be a couple of DACO kits, one with the ubiquitous Simpsons WP decals, the other with what I think are also a WP special scheme promoting one of the US national parks - can't remember which one it is offhand but it's very pretty!

See you there!

ATB
Rick

Colorado Springs?

I'd like to join this GB too when it starts. I actually have several 737s underway, all 1/200, and three of them already too far along to qualify. But I have yet to start my P-8 and the -700 I am planning to make into a Wedgetail (does anyone know if there is a conversion set in 1/200 or am I going to have to scratchbuild it?)

So I'd like to join with those two and will finish the others (just paint and decals) as I do so. 

With a 1/200 737, if I have stuck the fuselage sides together and added the wing, does that count as more than 25%? Because as we know most of the work - timewise - is in the painting, decals, and adding the small parts.

What's the verdict on that just out of interest?

On 1/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, bianfuxia said:

I'd like to join this GB too when it starts. I actually have several 737s underway, all 1/200, and three of them already too far along to qualify. But I have yet to start my P-8 and the -700 I am planning to make into a Wedgetail (does anyone know if there is a conversion set in 1/200 or am I going to have to scratchbuild it?)

So I'd like to join with those two and will finish the others (just paint and decals) as I do so. 

With a 1/200 737, if I have stuck the fuselage sides together and added the wing, does that count as more than 25%? Because as we know most of the work - timewise - is in the painting, decals, and adding the small parts.

What's the verdict on that just out of interest?

Welcome to the soon to arrive Group Build bianfuxia.

I am unaware of any 1/200 Wedgetail conversion sets, I have only seen 1/144 sets from Hawkeye and Contrails. So it looks like a scratch build job there.

I agree, more time is spend finishing off an airliner than the initial construction, especially in 1/200 scale. 

We, the Mods have agreed to allow these started kits, good luck!

Edited by Romeo Alpha Yankee
Now allowing these started builds :-)

Fair enough though I am not sure I follow what that other thread is about. In my case I have literally glued five pieces together - two fuselage halves and the wing bottom and tops. No putty sanding or any of the other nightmares in that EE thread!:idea:

Anyway I have two un-started 737s so I'm good to go!

I'd like to join this STGB too.

Scale will be 1:144 but have no idea which type or scheme yet (but will probably be the Zvezda kit if doesn't present any difficulties and I can get it in the next few weeks) and scheme probably an Australian Airline (of some real or WIFF description if allowed of course).

Then again if the P-8 for the RAAF looks the part and there is an easy conversion for it I might give it a go ...

• Like 1

Count me in too please - airliners were my modelling interest to start with though i have branched out massively since then, but have plenty of unbuilt (and part built!) 737s to choose from. Will be 144 scale - now to choose a scheme from all the decals i have.....

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 11:33 PM, Skodadriver said:

Colorado Springs?

Yep, that's the fella!

I've pulled the kit out - I have put the fuselage together and removed the wings from the sprues but I think it's still below the max completion likit!

I'd like to have a go at this as well. I've been thinking of doing an early -100  for a while now, so this is the incentive for me to get on with it.

I'll be using a shortened Airfix -200, and Classicairliners decals for the Lufthansa delivery scheme.

Cheers

John

• Like 2

I will be down for this one. wonderful as I love 737

737-400 mini-craft  1/144 - With homemade Malaysian Airlines Decals. Will pull out the box and hope the homemade decals are still good to go....

If time permits and it the mojo is strong, will go for another one .....1/72 scale bpk series 200....but for now its more of wishful thinking for that one :) 

Best Regards 

Brian