Help with British Phantom needed

Cezarek

Dear modellers,

I would like to build a model of British Phantom FG.1 from 111 SQN with dark green/dark sea grey camouflage on upper surfaces. I remember that once upon a time I saw a picture of Phantom belonging to 111 SQN which had GermanAF AG 51 “Immelmann” zapping/emblem on its tail.

Unfortunately, now I cannot find any photo of such a plane.

Maybe one of you has got a photo I am looking for, or any other information regarding that plane that could share with me to help me build such a model?

I am looking forward to any help.

Best regards,

Cezarek

I'm sure there is a closer/larger photo somewhere, although a quick book search through a couple of the usual suspects failed to turn it up. IIRC the 'arrows' are actually Owl's feet to match the AkG 51 badge.

Hi Cezarek

Here's another option for a zapped FGR.2

I took this picture of XV422 in 1976 at RAF Brüggen on the 31 Sqn flightline.

XV422%201975.jpg

The JaboG 32 zap was carried on both sides of the fuselage.

Food for thought, and if you're interested I do have a close up of the zap in my collection

XVTonker :pilot:

Edited by xvtonker

I had in mind XT 864 / J ...... but it also can be!

Only has some strange arrows on the tail and probably will need a little more images.

It was XT864/J and it is in the FG.1/FGR.2 Aeroguide book (No 13). There is a profile on the rear cover, plus to add interest, the picture at the bottom of page 12 also clearly shows her with a replacement barley grey starboard outer wing.

She's on my Masterplan to build one day too!

I'd be interested to see a pic of XT864 as the only pic i have of a zap on that is of the 43 sqn cock on it's tail? I have seen the profile in the Aeroguide but would be nice to see a photo to back it up. The zap on XV570 is pretty obvious in pic.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by andym

Thank you very much for all your answers. Unfortunately, still having no photo of this particular plane I will build the model of XT864 following the drawing from the mentioned book unless I find a photo of real aircraft. I will still be looking for it. Finally I would like to ask for the last advice regarding the zapping on XT864. Was it located on one side of the tail only, or on both sides(I mean left and right)?

Best regards

Cezary