USS Enterprise Bridge

GordonD

Don't forget the badges.

I would probably use some Umbers or Siennas on Uhura. Model Master makes a couple and also a Skin Tone Shadow Tint that might work.

Don't forget the badges.

I would probably use some Umbers or Siennas on Uhura. Model Master makes a couple and also a Skin Tone Shadow Tint that might work.

We don't need no steenkin' badges!

Actually until I saw the figure on screen it wasn't obvious that the badges were visible. There's no scale stated on the box but the Spock figure is a touch over 6cm high so work it out for yourselves. The engraved badge is about 2mm x 1mm so I might just ignore it. There are six figures after all...

As for the paint info, thanks. I'm off to Wonderland to see what they have.

I'll let you know what kit I couldn't resist buying...

As for the paint info, thanks. I'm off to Wonderland to see what they have.

I'll let you know what kit I couldn't resist buying...

On the advice of the bloke in Wonderland, a pot of Xtracolor X407 Matt Flesh Black.

And a Lancaster B.II and RAF Bomber Resupply Set - for £19.99 the pair.

• Like 1

I'm declaring this finished. Photos of the final result are over in the GB Gallery, here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977048-gallery/page-2#entry2009042

I've already posted a photo of Captain Kirk: here are the rest of the crew

PIC_0736.jpg Uhura

PIC_0735.jpg Chekov and Sulu

PIC_0737.jpg Spock and McCoy

None of the seated figures are glued into their chairs, which is why Sulu looks as if he's just lifted a buttock and let one go. When I put them back onto the bridge I'll make sure he's sat up straight and paying attention.

This has been quite a difficult build as detailed above - my next project will be something simple in comparison, maybe the 1/24 Typhoon....

• Like 2

A fine result!

I'd be tempted to give the scene a roof made of clear perspex so dust doesn't settle in there over time.

Thats a great suggestion, Dan.

Definately a good thing to do with it.....

• 2 weeks later...

I won't be putting a clear roof on, because the seats aren't fixed to the base and the crew aren't fixed to the seats, so I need access to replace them if they topple over when I move the model.

Why isn't everything glued down securely? Well, how else can I play with it adjust the crew figures to a more aesthetically-pleasing position depending on my mood of the moment?

• Like 2