me-163 komet (Revell + CMK) 5.10.

gregax

Looking very good so far... There's something about the old Komet that just looks "right". :) ...once you corrected the nose of course ;)

Nice work up to now although I'd have to question your choice of colours I've yet to see/read of any Komet finished in 82/83? The known colours are 74/75, 70/71 and 81/82.

I've built the same kit using the CMK as you. The bay for the landing skid took the most fitting for me, only for it to completely disappear from view when I fit the skid! Like yourself I also found the tail unit a faf to get right.

Tim.

• Like 1

Very nice looking Komet! Do you happen to know if there are any flying ones left? (Joking, of course, but also half serious)

Actually, there is one still flying - coverted into a glider airplane....

Nice work up to now although I'd have to question your choice of colours I've yet to see/read of any Komet finished in 82/83? The known colours are 74/75, 70/71 and 81/82.

I've built the same kit using the CMK as you. The bay for the landing skid took the most fitting for me, only for it to completely disappear from view when I fit the skid! Like yourself I also found the tail unit a faf to get right.

Tim.

Well, the colors on my komet are RLM81 and 82 (Gunze H421 and 422). And You are right about the landing skid. PITA to fit, invisible once everything is completed. But thats the life of a scale modeller.

• Like 1

You've obviously typed the colours in wrong then.

Yes that bay took me ages to get to fit. You may find you'll struggle to fit the mounts for the skid as well. I certainly wouldn't bother fitting the bay on my next one.

Tim.

Decaling time! Must say, I enjoy doing it, but this time, it was a hard task. I tossed away the kit decals, as they are way too big, and I opted for

Peddinghouse decals and some decals from Kagero book. Each decal has to be cut out as they are printed not silk screen printed. Lots of stencils I didn't

even know they existed on the real plane. Now a coat of semigloss and then weathering...

P1020403_1.jpg

P1020404_1.jpg

P1020405_1.jpg

Edited by gregax
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

The summer is officially gone, days are getting shorter, so I actually did find some time for modeling again. I've decided to get my komet done ASAP...

P1030126_1.jpg

I guess i am almost done. I still have to think about the base for that floh. Any ideas?

P1030369_1.jpg

• Like 5