me-163 komet (Revell + CMK) 5.10.

gregax

Me again!

Revells 1/48 Me-163 komet with CMK detail set. I am not going to use the whole lot. Here are the pics...

P1020120_2.jpg

Extensive CMK set. (Photoetched parts not shown here)

P1020126_1.jpg

And it fits reasonably well into the kit...

P1020124_1.jpg

Edited by gregax
  • Like 5

Ok, some minor progress on the wings. Slats are moulded separately, but on the real thing, they didn't move but more or less served as somekind of lift aid. So it had to be glued and sanded smooth.

P1020287_1.jpg

And I knew that something is not going to fit - tail section that is. So lots of putty and sanding... and regraving will follow. Also, that nose cone looks really strange, so I think it will need some attention as well....

P1020286_1.jpg

P1020285_1.jpg

• Like 3

Lovely workmanship! The nose cone seems to have a bit of shrinkage around it's base and I think that it is that which is making it look a bit odd. A quick fill, sand and re-scribe should sort that out.

Martin

I am havinga headache... after sorting the rear tail section, which now looks ok, i did manage to assemble the wings, the fit was pretty fine there,

P1020307_1.jpg

but after checking the refferences, the nose seems to be completly off.

P1020320_1.jpg

So, many layers of Squadroon Green had to be applied. It will take a while to dry, so i might start working on another kit...

P1020326_1.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, nosecone is corrected, I still have to rescribe all the lost panel lines. I've also made masks and glued the landing flaps in position.

I hope I will start paiting soon...

P1020339_1.jpg

P1020340_1.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Changing subjets a bit. Was fed up with su-27 the other day, so I took komet from the shelve and enjoyed spraying paint for an hour or so. Nothing special, RLM04 for the nose,

RLM76 for the lower portions and a RLM82 & 83 combo for the upper ones. So, decals are next on the list.

P1020399_1.jpg

P1020400_1.jpg

• Like 5