HALCYON - 1/9TH JUDGE DREDD...

D1fuN0

I am (kinda) building Judge Dredd at the moment.

The film was absolute dog's eggs, but I do like the look of this figure. I think the kit should look scrub up very nicely.

I will be following you efforts very closely.

Cheers.

Chris.

• Like 2

I am (kinda) building Judge Dredd at the moment.

The film was absolute dog's eggs, but I do like the look of this figure. I think the kit should look scrub up very nicely.

I will be following you efforts very closely.

Cheers.

Chris.

If you thought the film was bad, that TV series with Martin Shaw was nowt short of a Tango Foxtrot Uniform -didn't resemble the strip remotely, and since when was it 'John' instead of 'Joe'...??? Eh? Ah, sorry -bit of an Arthur Strong moment there; please ignore.

Anyway, nice choice: "He's firm...but fair!" :P

I'll watch this with interest, I'm thinking about giving a figure a go soon, something I haven't tried before but I'm sure I would enjoy. I loved the Karl Urban version of Dredd, is there a kit of that out there? Either way, I'm waiting on tips here just to add to the pressure ;)

Hiya chaps :bye:

Well lets get the sprue shot business out of the way

4 big (A4 sized) sprues and a display base.

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-127.jpg

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-126.jpg

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-128.jpg

For a 20 year old kit, the detail overall isnt bad...

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-129.jpg

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-130.jpg

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-131.jpg

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-132.jpg

And a wee instruction sheet

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-133.jpg

Now.... (yup, theres always a but...)

Ok, this is the Judge from the Stallone film, and im sorry, but this figure just looks camp!

The pose is a bit naff, and it just looks like any minute he's gonna burst into a mega city one variation of YYYYYYYYYYYMCA... :)

Anyway, after a good hard thunk, I'm going to paint it up like the 2000AD Judge,

1630778-judge_dredd1.jpg

I might do a little extra work on this, lets see what happens

Well then... ready to go.

Judge Mad

• Like 1

That movie was really bad unfortunately, Sylvester Stallone with an armoured codpiece and Rob Schneider........what were they thinking!! :wall:

Not a bad looking model though as you said, the detail is quite nice.

It sould turn out more life like than the real thing! :D

I like the Stallone Dredd as well, daft as it is. Costumes by Versace don'tcha know?

Plus it's hard to dislike a movie which gave us the fantastic ABC Warrior design :) Looking forward to seeing how this one comes out, I haven't seen many (any?) builds of the plastic Stallone Dredd.

If I was an ambitious fool I would chip in with a Halcyon Judge Anderson, but I think that might be pushing my luck!

Cheers,

Will

Helloooooooooooo :bye:

Chapter One - Of Judges and G strings

While there are some interesting developments on the Luther side of the Hobby Room and paint is drying, I thought I'd break open the old Judge and make a start.

Well, to say the fit is shocking, mhhhh (bet ya didnt see that coming....) :winkgrin:

Momentary flash back to ones younger days as I recall fondly trying to assemble the Halcyon Aliens APC....

Anyway, after applying liberal amounts of MEK, and a few heated fruity variables, I have managed to get the torso and leg bits together.

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-152.jpg

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-150.jpg

Ive tried to line up the moulded in detail as much as possible, but its still going to take a lot of work to make it look pretty.

And, well..... the G string, mhhhhhhh.

(maybe on Anderson, but not ole stoney face)

2011-01-01%2000.00.00-151.jpg

More later

Steve