1/1000 Zoelguut-class Class 1 Super Dreadnought

Madhatter

thanks guys

I've been busy with this on and off for the last few days - mostly making molds of the parts I'll be using to create the machinery behind the central grills. I found some parts from a 1/48 F-111A that will work perfectly as machinery walls etc. I made some casts last night and am really happy with how they came out. So, now the dilema of what parts to use and it's general design has been solved, I can make a solid start on building it and finally closing it all up.

Detailing the bottom half has continued and I will post some pictures once I have taken some :)

Thanks to all for taking the time to comment

Si

• Like 2

greetings everyone -I hope we all enjoyed our little Easter break? I know I did...well, almost. Ever seen what happens when a 4 year old eats too much Chocolate? More over, the aftermath of such excessive indulgence? It's not pretty.

At all.

Well, it's all over for another year. Hopefully by next year he will have learnt about moderation...

Any-who, your not here to read about my boy and his choc addiction, your here to see what's been happening on the ship. Well, I have been busy building up the central intake and agonizing over what parts I want, need and more importantly, fit. I was having a look through some of my kits in the "stash" (pffttt..yeah right) and I came across a 1/48 F-111A from Hobby Boss. Well, it has a fully detailed engine and there are a couple of bits that stick onto the engine itself. They were perfect for a machinery wall and I couldn't ask for a better fit. So I took a mold of them and cast them so I didnt have to ruin them for the plane they're meant to go on. I also found the sipper lids off a Powerade bottle works well as a turbine. Not that I'm sure these ships actually have turbines, but I thought they looked cool. I also cast the tips of the compressor blades from the F111 and I used the actual blades from the F111 kit - which I'll end up regretting if I actually build the F111!

I wasn't going to make something like this, but that's what I ended up with.

I am going to paint it all tomorrow and then I'll be able to close it all up and then finish off the surface detailing ready for paint.

As you can see in the below pics, especially in the last ones, you will not see much of any of this, so I haven't going too crazy. Just enough to be seen. I may add a couple of fiber optic threads in there just for some interest

Judge for yourselves if you like it or not :)

IMG_0408_zps7aatftx1.jpg

IMG_0413_zpsarshcrpr.jpg

IMG_0414_zpsoxondrcq.jpg

IMG_0417_zpsoydbkxrp.jpg

IMG_0422_zpsww2smlss.jpg

IMG_0423_zpskhtjmaja.jpg

Well, that's all I have for now, but I'll update again soon once this is all painted and buttoned up, which will hopefully be tomorrow or Tuesday night.

As always, thanks for looking

Till then

MH

• Like 4

thanks everyone

Well, I'm back again with a quick update. No painting as yet, but I have pretty much finished detailing the central "intakes" - or what ever the heck they are meant to be. I am hoping to add some paint to them tomorrow and then I can finally get the 2 halves joined - although really, I should finish detailing the bottom side of the hull first then join them up. I am finding it so much easier to detail the top and bottom as separate parts rather than a whole - something which I will have to do with the front half of the ship. Not that it's that big a deal really.

IMG_0424_zps85div5es.jpg

IMG_0425_zpskrp9glre.jpg

IMG_0427_zpss6xqnnr3.jpg

IMG_0429_zps05za4z0o.jpg

IMG_0430_zps5l8gzruw.jpg

IMG_0431_zps8nbrnlow.jpg

IMG_0432_zpsuevntwqz.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsjvnnpkzi.jpg

Well, that's it for now, be back again soon

Till then

thanks for looking

MH

• Like 3

Hi again

Wow - 3 posts in as many days - what's wrong with me? I never post this much, but I thought you may like to see what these internals look like with it's base coat on. In my opinion, it looks remarkably better. Once the paint has dried, I'll dry brush some parts with a light grey and the rest in metallics.

IMG_0438_zpssxcxgfiu.jpg

IMG_0439_zps8zbqhtc7.jpg

IMG_0444_zpsdqksefck.jpg

IMG_0446_zpso3pwm6yz.jpg

IMG_0448_zpsd5mqeypj.jpg

IMG_0450_zpsudjmdu5t.jpg

I've also painted the grills in Tamiya Dark Iron - a colour which I am now quite fond of. They look a lot better than sanded black! :)

IMG_0440_zpsvm14ds7n.jpg

Well, that'll do for now - I think I've spammed the boards enough ;)

Once everything has been finished etc, I'll post another update

Till then

Thanks for looking

MH

• Like 3

thanks everyone

So, what's new? Well, I have pretty much finished the bottom plate. In fact, I'm going to call it done for now until I get the 2 halves of the ship joined, then I'll add the last bits and bobs. No point doing all of them now or when the 2 halves meet later the detailing won't.

IMG_0468_zpsvoffojhs.jpg

IMG_0469_zpsokkupkmp.jpg

IMG_0470_zpsbolocolq.jpg

IMG_0473_zpsvn1v8gp5.jpg

IMG_0474_zpsnkkrdcm2.jpg

IMG_0478_zps6kdypzvl.jpg

IMG_0480_zpsieliv1wk.jpg

IMG_0485_zpsqvdjymmj.jpg

IMG_0486_zpspomlhpso.jpg

I've also been hard at work thinking of the right paint scheme for this ship. It's going to be red, but I'm also thinking of adding NATO black and light grey "Bismark" style stripes to break up the solid color. Either actual stripes or I use the existing natural segments of the ship.

I just need to add some more detail to the upper plate in the central intake as I realised I have a big bit of blank wall there which is not good: I need to fill it, so out with the frames again and I'll see what I can use.

The next update should be the closure of the 2 hull plates and joining up with the front

till then,

Thanks for looking

MH

• Like 4

thanks fellas - most apprcoiated

Well it's now looking like a ship. I joined the front and back halves together tonight as that's where I'm up to but best of all, ALL of my lighting actually works for once. NO shorted out bridge lights, no missing fiber lights. It's all there

Mind you - there wasn't a lot to begin with :D

Fresh shots from the camera:

IMG_0498_zpskevo8exm.jpg

IMG_0497_zps0ce1ktxc.jpg

IMG_0495_zpsav5ic0kd.jpg

IMG_0508_zpseuvapcau.jpg

Well, that's all for now. I'll be starting to add detail to the front end of the ship from tomorrow

Thanks for all of your comments and for looking

MH

• Like 5