Red Arrows get another new scheme

jasman71

Just when Airfix, italeri, Revell etc are bringing out (or have brought out already) their Hawk kits with the Union Jack-tailed 50th season from last year.......

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/news/index.cfm?storyid=5C445744-5056-A318-A8568FFB3C4C1245

Oh well, hopefully the designers at Xtradecal may be sharpening their virtual pencils right now, or Airfix will release a 'c' boxing of their RA kit, but what do you think of this design? I think it looks neat, vaguely reminiscent of the british airways swish tails

• Like 4

i like that... a lot!!

I've not started my Hawks (either the Italeri 1/48 or Revell 1/32) so will wait for the decal companies to act!

Note to decal companies: HURRY UP!!! ;)

• Like 1

I asked Airfix direct if they will be issuing their Hawk with these markings, and they replied that the design team had been consulted this morning and it is on their list of "maybe's". I suggested it's obviously too late to add to their imminent release of the 'B' boxed RA Hawk (with the 50th anniversary markings) but maybe the year after, reissue it with all the variations of the RA schemes, even the 2000 special one. But hopefully Xtradecal will already be designing layouts this evening!