Horten HO-229 - 1/32 by Zoukei Mura

The landing gear is mounted (white metal, resin tires) and painted.... then weathered with oil color.

The covers of the frame were painted in green/grey from inside. Don't wonder about the beige, I firstly painted the inside in beige by mistake, then added a lyer of green/grey over it.

Won't be visible later once the outside is painted....

lppd233ais6j.jpg

nalup51oeuse.jpg

udvcei17i72p.jpg

6rqtspwsf5a1.jpg

847kxq8184i.jpg

g749hl3ttnup.jpg

s2dzc9gp8jdu.jpg

Cheers

Michael

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Some further steps.... the wings were covered, all the interior frames are unvisible now...

2m5zzgvfnit1.jpg

vpro498nrrsl.jpg

qwux67o7myx.jpg

tjvvx8bd2uug.jpg

nwp595cpe9r.jpg

jodv57oc4mj8.jpg

I have decided to give it a camouflage color in light/dark grey.... no wooden surface. Grey with a red banner on one wing... and a used look, no brand new look.

Cheers. Michael

• Like 2

Some further steps.... I have decided to give the Horten a nice camouflage color instead of the wooden surface. The dark tones are perfect for this fighter I think.

I used the lifecolor colours of the "Luftwaffe-Set 2" for it, the underside has a light blue. Next steps are a bit of clear coat for the decals, then the silver at the back will be painted, and the plane will recieve a red stripe on the back I think.

ziapksnplewv.jpg

uzgj1do2v842.jpg

21p2f9jrylit.jpg

kcrvd8eppakf.jpg

dfh9552rnnle.jpg

c37uuh8fime.jpg

wpf5yrho2oz.jpg

wqwzky3lu73w.jpg

xxgvuoo8ok.jpg

Hope that you like it! :)

Cheers. Michael

• Like 7

Hi, how are you finding the fit of the parts in general? I'm building their 1/48 Ta152H at the moment and to be frank, the fit of some of the parts are just a joke. The moulding on your kit looks crisp, the moulding on my kit looks like something like you'd expect with something made from Blacmange!

Maybe ZM should stick to producing 1/32 scale kits.

Your model is looking superb, with great skills on show.

Tim.

Hi @ all...

to be honest - the fitting is very good so far. The interior parts fit together perfect, also the covers of the wings really "snap" in their places... no bad words about it so far ..... !

The wooden decals for it I have on my stock as I planned it earlier like that. But these decals from Uschi are nothing special. In my eyes - no need to purchase these. Too expensive for what you get. You could use all wooden decals for it, This "Uschi-set" is nothing specially made for the HO.... only some sheets of different shaped wooden decals.... that's it.

I will sell mine or use it for other kits ..... (anybody interested in it, just send a PM...)

Cheers. Michael

That does look wonderful, Its such a pretty machine and at the same time a little weird and scarily alien looking... Reminds me of that photo circling the web of Hitler with Grey Alien..

Great work :)

The next steps were painting of the red stripe at the back on top- and downside, as well as the aluminium colored parts behind the nozzles which were darkened with some black pigments (smoke).

After a layer of clear coat the decals were applied. All decals were included in the kit despite the Hakenkreuz which I have censored on the pictures (... Germany ...). This decal is from an other kit which I had on stock.

3ouemnfz5wve.jpg

zy11pniephy2.jpg

uv4dowf2mg.jpg

iziw8h3ttg8.jpg

rquecuj8iii8.jpg

yo42j4v17c6.jpg

lp2gb68d5tk.jpg

xgt9mqqckpg.jpg

v2hg6jjvdd7m.jpg

qttzql7nz7nr.jpg

le1rbbbur8qc.jpg

93b4o3o1nl.jpg

8haqssov3wtx.jpg

Next step - a layer of clear coat, to save the painting and decals before the weathering....

Cheers. Michael

• Like 3

Hello,

the next update will need some time...... :( Had a small sports accident and now a lightly twisted knee with a bruise at it... right now, it is a bit difficult to get in the basement of our house to do modelling... but it is getting better day by day now..... :(

Cheers

Michael