Ju 88 STGB chat

Achtung, achtung! We have a new finish date, and it's

AUGUST 14th!!!!!!

Thank you Enzo

That's excellent news! An extra week will be extremely useful, as my build would be rushed through the remaining phases to be finished in the original deadline, and there's still a few tricky steps...

Thanks a lot to Alistair for the suggestion of an additional week and to the hosts and Enzo for accepting it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

That's excellent news! An extra week will be extremely useful, as my build would be rushed through the remaining phases to be finished in the original deadline, and there's still a few tricky steps...

Thanks a lot to Alistair for the suggestion of an additional week and to the hosts and Enzo for accepting it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Jaime

I have been following your posts Jaime and thought it would be a tight finish . This is an incredible build and i am pleased to know that another week invested in it will produce a true 1/72 masterpiece .(without you getting model burnout ) :pilot:

• Like 1

Thanks indeed for the suggestion, Alistair! If it's only up to me and Andy, I'd dare to say "yes, of course" immediately. Not because my builds are lagging but would be finished during that extra week, but as you say there are "exceptional builds" that deserve to be finished and added to the gallery! So yes, if Enzo approves the suggestion.

Regards, V-P

VP ,It will be good to see your two 88's in the gallery too

• Like 1

I have been following your posts Jaime and thought it would be a tight finish . This is an incredible build and i am pleased to know that another week invested in it will produce a true 1/72 masterpiece .(without you getting model burnout ) :pilot:

Thanks again, Alistair, you're being extremely kind! I hope I can live up to the expectations.

Cheers

Jaime

Just came aross this thread, probably will finish this weekend, but thanks to Alistair for the suggestion and the 'Powers that Be' for allowing this. :goodjob:

Edited by DaveyGair
  • Like 1

Very late, but the question's still valid.....Is the single MG rear canopy from the nightfighter version of the Revell C-6 correct for an A-1? :pray:

Almost correct. The A1 didn't have the armored kidney shaped version, but more bulbous form. like in the earlier Ju-87 version.

Take a look here.

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/mad_camel/media/Ju88A1-Guns.jpg.html

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Arnie, there will be no poll as our sponsor John of AIMS will pick the winners! V-P

OK that is clear. :thumbsup2: Although I think you should read the rules. :rules: That is why I asked. :shutup:

Cheers,

• Like 1

Having finished my entry, though not in the time frame of the GB, I'd like, nevertheless, to thank the hosts and Enzo for the organisation of the GB and all the support and interest of the fellow modellers during my build. Congrats to the winners, once more, and to all other participants. It was really fun and I'm very pleased with my model.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have got the prices from AIMS yesterday. I have to say that I am over the moon with them!!! :yahoo: Thanxs AIMS again for beings so generous with the prices. :thumbsup:

AIMS has got a great range for us Luftwaffe builders. I have got a few already in my stash and I am very happy with them.

For those who want to have a look at his wide range here is his site. http://www.aimsmodels.co.uk/

Again thank you.

Cheers,

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I also have received my prize from John at Aims . I am flabbergasted by how generous the prize is as i now have a 1/32 Mistel 2 conversion in the stash .

I will be doing a review of this in the near future and a build thread .

Thanks again John , much apreciated

Alistair

• Like 2