Ju 88 STGB chat

Right so I have my kit! Revells JU 88 a4 Very much thanks to nick32 who lives not to far from me....handy really.

It doesn't carry torps but it does have transfer options for two areas I am very interested in, Sicily for the part it played in the attacks on Malta and Greece which I like due to roald dahls book 'going solo' and the time he spent with the RAF fighting over Greece, he recounted a number of tangles he had with JU 88 in that.

The detail on this kit is brilliant! There is so much to put into the cockpit, all you would want to add in this scale are seat belt.... And if you do want to add more great, but I won't be 😀

Rob

The Revell 72nd scalers truly are fine kits. The 4D+(is it DT?) option can also be adapted to Eastern Front operations, as KG 30 operated on several occasions from Banak in Norway and some Gruppe also in Russia during winter 41-42, according to Herr P.W.Stahl. I do believe most planes in the summer of 41 were A-5:s, though.

Happy modeling!

It is indeed the 4D+DT boxing, which will probably be the one I go for over the the Greece scheme in the box... Something about it.

Rob

Hi, I just ran into this information from BA-MA files dug by Hannu Valtonen to his excellent book Luftwaffes' Northern Flank, in Finnish of course, and then translated by me:

9.6.1942 Ju 88 A-4, WNr. 142081, 4D+DT, 9./KG 30; 30% damage by bomb shrapnels at Murmansk railway line.

Maybe boys were doing some very low altitude bombing?

Regards, V-P

Edited by vppelt68
  • Like 1

Cheers V-P, nice info and thanks for translating it! That would be very low level to get 30% of your AC taken out by a bomb, assuming that means one of the ones bring dropped by your own team/yourself....

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just two months to go from today! Here´s a videoclip to whet our appetites, some pretty fine model- and dioramabuilding with good photography and video editing. Thanks Mallo781, in case you´re a Britmodeller and reading this! Regards, V-P

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I can't see this on the thread, so my first GB is:

Ju 88D-1/Trop "American Flag". Ju 88D-1/Trop (Ju 88D-3)​ captured colours in the desert.

CED48222.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, can I join? Don't know what you can and can't do yet but are these OK?

Pretty new here, I've had a look on other GB post's and think I know whats involved, at least it'll make me build the thing!

DSC_0023_zpsi3rvcphe.jpg

• Like 3

Pretty new here, I've had a look on other GB post's and think I know whats involved, at least it'll make me build the thing!

DSC_0023_zpsi3rvcphe.jpg

You have a nice bunch of goodies there to pimp up the c6 . what are the Brassin sets ?

They're WGr.21 rockets, normally found on on single engine types (109, 190 etc) but this particular 2./NJG2 aircraft had them fitted in pairs under each wing.

• Like 1

DSC_0023_zpsi3rvcphe.jpg

That is a nice kit with some nice goodies as well. I know it's the dragon kit with some different spreus from Revell, but still a nice kit.

Now you have given me the doubt if I will stay and build in 1/72 or in 1/48. :fraidnot:

I have still got a few Dragon ones left. :hmmm:

Cheers,

• Like 2

That is a nice kit with some nice goodies as well. I know it's the dragon kit with some different spreus from Revell, but still a nice kit.

Now you have given me the doubt if I will stay and build in 1/72 or in 1/48. :fraidnot:

I have still got a few Dragon ones left. :hmmm:

Build a 1/48 Dragon one and see how much worse mine will turn out! :winkgrin:

• Like 1