Victory yellow?

modelfan

Hi Modelfan.

Well the best colour for the yellow is Admiralty paints. they do a set for the Victory.

Cornwall model boats sell this if your Interested and also all colours for this ship.

'No not part of this online shop'.

Just I use them and there the best in my view.

As for the deck the lighter the better, so a tan colour is good.

DSCF4288_zps79adf9a6.jpg

something on these lines.

Hope this helps.

foxy :coolio:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I used a brand called MODEL COLOR #70913 "Yellow Ochre"

got the tip from here http://pete-coleman.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56. When i have been on Pompey based ships and run past the real Victory on the way to work, her "yellow" has always appeared a much darker Ochre (almost orange) colour, but I did my Heller/Airfix Victory in the Model Color - result is amazing.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I would concur with Foxy on this one. Admiralty paints are matched exactly to the actual ship so the Yellow Ochre is correct. Not tried the Model Color though, but I'm sure it is good also as above. This is deffo not a Yellow, but more dirty orange. I know this is a late post, but others may look for reference.

Hope this helps

Hi Modelfan.

Well the best colour for the yellow is Admiralty paints. they do a set for the Victory.

Cornwall model boats sell this if your Interested and also all colours for this ship.

'No not part of this online shop'.

Just I use them and there the best in my view.

As for the deck the lighter the better, so a tan colour is good.

DSCF4288_zps79adf9a6.jpg

something on these lines.

Hope this helps.

foxy :coolio:

Nice decking BTW! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info but I never finished the victory it was my first model ship and it did not work out. I am now doing the revel 1/110 HMS Bounty its a nice kit to do but trying to find out the REAL colour of it has been crazy :banghead:.

Edited by modelfan