This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

phildagreek

British Army green

On 16/06/2018 at 15:18, Old pro said:

An insight to British green, pick one and go with it, especially for the Cold War period, although there was a standard green colour, how it was mixed, thinned, and applied affected as to what colour it dried! It was even possible to see various tones of green or black on the same vehicle, from the vehicle being touched up.

I have seen it applied direct from the tin, and then when the tin was getting low some thinner chucked in as no one wanted to walk back to the paint store for another tin!

7 minutes ago, Julien said:

I have seen it applied direct from the tin, and then when the tin was getting low some thinner chucked in as no one wanted to walk back to the paint store for another tin!

Sounds about right! 

8 hours ago, Julien said:

Either that or we only had the one tin per garage, not to forget the application of Kero to make it look nice for inspections😂😂😂

If you're doing any kind of filtering/washes/weathering, I find it's all pretty pointless going for 'the' colour. Yes not all green is green, but ball park always worked out OK for me.

I have AFV Models Scorpion and Scimitar kits to build. Will the green colour be the same as the Chieftain. Instruction are very vague with the green colour, as is the same if you want to do a desert version.

Martin

And here is something in green I drove to the ranges the other day...

Rather faded I think you’ll all agree!

Check out the ‘tan line’ from the bonnet (opened for first parade)

9_A5_C4_A87-045_E-457_F-88_F2-3068_F8_BA

A74505_A5-32_CE-4_FD8-_B012-_D8_D30_D605

Hope this is of use to someone. 

Also note on offside where some green has scratched through to black from when it would have been two tone and then down to bare metal aswell. 

Also note the dent on top from 1000 bergans and probably backsides as well !

The dent is probably from putting up the cam net and caused by a nice size 10;)

not sure why you would put a Bergan or a backside on a Land Rover wing unless things have changed from my time :shrug:, those items are best stowed inside