1/72 Airfix Gloster Gladiator II

TomW

Hiya everyone. I was still putting the finishing touches on this representation of the Gladiator at 9pm Friday evening ready for the Yeovilton show on the Saturday morning; hence the finished photo's not appearing till today.

A bit of an oddity this one as it is wearing the later Day Fighter Scheme of Ocean Grey/Dark Green over Medium Sea Grey. Painted as usual by brush but using Tamiya acrylic Ocean Grey as I couldn't locate my tinlet of Humbrol 106 (looks like my carpet monster's appetite has grown again :shock: ) Markings were from a combination of a Revell sheet for the Hurricane IIc for the national markings and a Printscale sheet for the unit codes and registration.

Hope she passes muster:

Gloster Gladiator II, N2309 'B' of 1401 Met Flight RAF Coastal Command, RAF Bircham Newton 1941

DSCF8804_zpsc6cd9d93.jpg

DSCF8803_zpsaebd1e7f.jpg

DSCF8806_zps2603c0c9.jpg

DSCF8805_zpse4b738f3.jpg

Regards

Tom

• Like 17

Thanks Ed but I hadn't seen that post till you pointed it out, wish I had as I might have spotted the extra antenna that I've missed. This is actually part of a series of Met aircraft I have done for the CC SIG; all from 1401 flight and it's successor 521 squadron. So far I have a Hurricane II, Spitfire Vi, Spitfire VII and now the Gladiator. Happy to do a group shot if anyone is interested.

Regards

Tom

• Like 1