++ completed ++ Fantastic Plastic 1/72 Caprica Air Force Jet Viper

trickyrich

• 1 month later...

Well after what must be ages I have finally managed to get back to this one, don’t think I will be able to complete in time, but will give it a go.

Have made quite a bit of progress since last update, am working on this one while waiting for bit to dry on the P-38.

Finished up all the body work and gave her a quick undercoat before her final topcoat. Was really happy with the finish, though the instructions said it was only painted in the one colour overall it did look a bit bland. So a quick bit of masking and a splash of Neutral Grey and sho looked much better.

DSCF2320_zps5j7dlsck.jpg

DSCF2322_zpsq7y30jix.jpg

DSCF2321_zps6oqxc4j6.jpg

All the little bit were paint their various colours as well, once completely dry they will all be given a coat of clear before further detailing.

DSCF2323_zps6fb9x41f.jpg

DSCF2324_zpsng8sgm5y.jpg

DSCF2325_zpscniiddd5.jpg

DSCF2326_zpsak3lhpbn.jpg

I am not sure if I will be able to complete this one or not but have a big surge of mojo at the moment so will give it a try.

• Like 4

OK she’s done!!!

I really didn’t think I would finish this one, but out of the two builds I’m working on she was the easiest to finish.

From the last post everything was pretty well done, just the final detailing and putting the whole thing together. As to what I did, it’s a bit of a blur, though I do remember the decals were quite painful! They’re very delicate and are on one giant piece of film, which made life fun!

But in the end she was finished, and I am so happy with how she came out!! The “added” missiles suit her and the little bits I added make her more complete…..in my mine.

DSCF2346_zpsdugbsjuh.jpg

DSCF2349_zpsjwflbj9y.jpg

DSCF2347_zpscfv54flr.jpg

DSCF2340_zpslq823bey.jpg

DSCF2348_zpsfqpykfk8.jpg

To any one wanting to build one of these…go for it! Just remember you will need to fix up the issues with the cockpit being too small, but other than that she’s a lovely model…just wist someone would do a 1/48th version.

More photo’s are in the galley.

“Live long and prosper” I memory of Leonard “Spock” Nimoy

• Like 5

Thanks, I really did love building this one, was lots of fun, even with the canopy issues.

I would recommend this for anyone wanting something a little bit different and a fun project. There is a lot of scope to do more with this model.

Now if someone was to produce a 1/48th version!!!!!!!!!