FW 190 Single Type GB Chat

I'm in! I haven't decided what I'll do but I have Airfix's F8, Tamiya's A3 and D9, and Dragon's Ta 152 with engine and PE. I have Eduard's PE for the first 3.

Cheers

Jaime

Edited by jrlx
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sounds great, much stuff in the stash, i am not sure which one but here is the list:

Eduard Fw 190 F-8 1:48

Eduard Fw 190 D-9 1:48

Dragon Fw 190 F-8 1:48

Dragon/Italeri Fw 190 D-9 1:48

Tamiya Fw 190 A-8/A-8/R2 1:48

Hasegwa Fw 190 A-5/U12 1:48

Hobby Boss Ta 152 C-0

Hasegwa Fw 190 D-9 1:32

Revell Fw 190 F-8 1:32

While perusing my local hobby shop, they had the brand new 1/32 Revell Fw 190 for the ridiculous price of $29.99. I saw this after being mightily tempted by the 1/32 Tamiya Mossie at a paltry $219.00. I couldn't resist so my entry will probably be this new Revell model. How can they do a new tool 1/32 for such a low price? Amazing!

• Like 1

While perusing my local hobby shop, they had the brand new 1/32 Revell Fw 190 for the ridiculous price of $29.99. I saw this after being mightily tempted by the 1/32 Tamiya Mossie at a paltry $219.00. I couldn't resist so my entry will probably be this new Revell model. How can they do a new tool 1/32 for such a low price? Amazing!

That is very cheap!!!!! In Holland you pay around 40 euro's a kit. So if I were you I would buy 2 or 3 at least for that price.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mmm the do look nice but am still very tempted to go with a Ta-152, either a C or the Big Wing H model.

Now if I can find a 1/48th SWS Ta-152 H at the right price or better still an 1/32nd version!!

Yep - please put my name in for this one.

Have at least 18 kits in the stash that I would need to choose from for this particular GB (actually more if the Ta 152 is allowed as well - which I assume it should be!) all in the one true scale, of course [for those of you who don't know, that's 1/72nd!!]

Philip (aka Prenton)

well lets put it this way.........

I remembered that an item I was bidding on on evilBay was due to end in the wee hours of the morning, So I decided to up my original bid........

Unfortunately this was after a few too many glasses/bottles of happy juice :cheers: , so my end bid was quite a bit higher than another one that was a buy now one! :doh:

In the end it was about $25USD more not including postage, so not really to bad...but could have been worse!!

That said this will be one of my major builds for next year so I'm really looking forward to.....plus I do love this aircraft!!!!!

Oh and SHMBO doesn't know about it yet!! :chair:

• Like 1

I have got a few choices, but I think it will go between a A5 with two double 20 mm gun packs beneath the wing (flown by Erich Hondt).

And the other is a night fighter conversion for the A8. O, both are in 1/32.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

well lets put it this way.........

I remembered that an item I was bidding on on evilBay was due to end in the wee hours of the morning, So I decided to up my original bid........

Unfortunately this was after a few too many glasses/bottles of happy juice :cheers: , so my end bid was quite a bit higher than another one that was a buy now one! :doh:

In the end it was about $25USD more not including postage, so not really to bad...but could have been worse!!

That said this will be one of my major builds for next year so I'm really looking forward to.....plus I do love this aircraft!!!!!

Oh and SHMBO doesn't know about it yet!! :chair:

I would look at it this way....

How many hours will it take to build?

How much will it cost in paint glue etc?

When work out the hours of entertainment or relaxation from it and you will find it works out at about 2-3 quid an hour. Then see what else you can do for 2-3 quid an hour for entertainment and I think you will feel justified.

Fwiw I wish I could afford one lol

I'm not too upset about it, have always wanted to build a Zoukei Mura model. Had a Ho 229 on order last year, but had my money stole by BMM Models in another one of their dodgy deals (there's a hole thread about them in forums), so was sort of saving up for the big ticket item the Do-335 will be!

With the hours I work and the amount of time I'm away from home, I see something like this as a real treat. Hence why this one will be the major build next year!

Plus the pleasure you get from building something like this is worth the cost!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...