FW 190 Single Type GB Chat

Evening everyone. A quick question regarding editing the title of my build thread. Basically I can't work out how to do it. Can anyone help?

Evening everyone. A quick question regarding editing the title of my build thread. Basically I can't work out how to do it. Can anyone help?

if you klick edit, than there is another button for full edit at the bottom. than you can also chamge your title. this is only possible on the starting tread.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

You boys are a bad influence. After lurking around here watching your progress and seeing a photo of captured 190Ds in Soviet markings I've bought a Tamiya 72nd scale kit then a decal sheet and Eduard etched set to match. That was last Saturday. The kit arrived yesterday but still no sign of the decals and etch, have to give Hannants a shout about that, so once they land through my letterbox I'll likely be wanting to join in if that's alright.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

FW 190 gurus please help me. I'd like to build an A-6 using one of those Eduard weekend kits. Is that possible? Which kit should I use? I know next to nothing about Wurgers and actually would be happy with precisely that much of information I need to build one each of an A-6 and a F-8, then that's it for me and back to Bf 109:s 😉.

Not a guru but ready to assist. I have a couple of files from the IPMS Stockholm website that I will send (see the PM) that outline all the differences.

Try here:

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/11/stuff_eng_fw190_01.htm and

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/12/stuff_eng_fw190_02.htm

(Well that worked so don't worry about the email)

As far as kits, I assume you are talking in 1/48 scale. If so, there is good news and better news. First the better news, Eduard produces an F8 (84111) in its weekend boxings (in fact that is the only boxing it does the F8 in) and that is marked as readily available. The good news is the weekend boxing of the A5 (8430) will be best for an A6, however, they are marked as discontinued as Eduard are tooling up for the release of the new tool kits. This means they may be hard to find. On a side note, the Fw 190 Nachtjager Profipack boxing (8177) contains parts for an A6 to A8 in the night fighter role, but no weekend boxing.

You may be able to find weekend editions in your LHS, or on line.

HTH and regards,

• Like 1

:ditto:

Exept there is also a F8 boxing from Tamiya. That is a bit easier to build than the Eduard ones.

There was also a kit from Hasegawa and Eduard for the A6 version.

Take a look here.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/130718-hasegawa-09965-focke-wulf-fw190a-6-sturmstaffel-1

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/115185-eduard-8171-fw-190a-6

I think that a A5 and a A6 aren't very different. The most noticable will be the outer canons. The A5 used the MG FF's and the A6 the MG 151 20 mm's with a long barrel.

At scalemate you can look at the instructions PDF's from both kit's

https://www.scalemates.com/search-solr.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=Kits&q=1%3A48+Fw-190A*

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cheers,

• Like 1

Than there is still a A6 version from Hasegawa and for a F8 the revell one. if I am not mistaken then the revell one is very good.

Take a look here. https://www.scalemates.com/search-solr.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=Kits&q=1%3A72+Fw-190*

And don't forget the newish Airfix F8 It looks very impressive.

This might help.

Cheers,

I'm intending to build the Hasegawa Fw 190A-5/6/8 kit as Nowotny's A-5. I've been threatening to get onto this for ages now & hope to this week but a conumdrum that keeps presenting itself is, is it really an A-5 or is it a A-6. I've seen kits & profiles that give it as both. If one accepts it is Wrk Nr 410003, then it must be an A-5 but I've also seen it shown as Wrk Nr 470003 which would make it an A-6. I'm leaning towards an A-5 as does most of modeldom but does anyone know if there is definite proof one way or another? It does make a difference to how the Hasegawa kit will be modified.

Steve.

I'm intending to build the Hasegawa Fw 190A-5/6/8 kit as Nowotny's A-5. I've been threatening to get onto this for ages now & hope to this week but a conumdrum that keeps presenting itself is, is it really an A-5 or is it a A-6. I've seen kits & profiles that give it as both. If one accepts it is Wrk Nr 410003, then it must be an A-5 but I've also seen it shown as Wrk Nr 470003 which would make it an A-6. I'm leaning towards an A-5 as does most of modeldom but does anyone know if there is definite proof one way or another? It does make a difference to how the Hasegawa kit will be modified.

Steve.

Steve,

I don't know if this proves conclusively but according to Smith and Creek Fw 190A (Vol 2) at p663 A5 werknummer 410000 to 410208 were built by Ago at Oschersleben. On p 664 the show A6 470001 to 470026 built at Arado, Warnemunde. The difference being these aircraft were assigned call signs VI+OA to VI+OZ.

Everything I have seen thus far points to Nowotny's aircraft being an A-5 with werknummer 410004 not 410003. In fact there is an article in Classic Modelling Guide where Brett Green builds Nowotny's A-5:

63F00C65-6493-4FAB-8AC6-90F0C3A4CBAD_zps

84BE1B2A-768C-4083-B8F7-2EC55425B76A_zps

HTH

Hi Kent, thanks for that info, the 410003 was just me being lazy & trusting to an unreliable memory. :( I really did know it was 410004. :) If Brett Green is sure it was 410004 & an A-5. that'll do me. I've just googled for that book & its not too spendy so I might grab a copy, it'd be good to have.

Steve.

Edited for noughts. :(

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

Hi Kent, thanks for that info, the 41003 was just me being lazy & trusting to an unreliable memory. :( I really did know it was 41004. :) If Brett Green is sure it was 41004 & an A-5. that'll do me. I've just googled for that book & its not too spendy so I might grab a copy, it'd be good to have.

Steve.

Fear not matey,

I have those moments too. Do grab the book, it has some nice builds.

*edited because I cannot spell!

Regards,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes I agree, thank you for another great STGB.

It wasn't the easiest of builds but that's my fault as usual.

Anyway there are some really lovely and interesting models in the gallery, everyone should be really proud of their builds.

.....and the usual suspects roll on into the next GB.........will it ever end!!  :doh:  :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Where is the poll? Hosts, you promised us a poll! I want to vote for my favourite, but there is NO POLL!

Thank you for running this GB, there are some lovely models, but no poll!

Can we have a poll, please?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...