Revell 1/600 USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS)

Rickpadwick1801

Hi Everyone,

In memory of Leonard Nimoy, 1931 to 2015.

Here is the 2nd of my 4 submissions for this group build (3 of which are starships) : the Revell 1/600 USS Enterprise NCC-1701 from Star Trek The Original Series.

Here is the boxart :
TOS_zpswbs98bkm.jpg

Starship history :
Due to remarkable technical advances, above all in transmission technology, the Starfleet decided on a comprehensive modernisation program across the entire fleet in the year 2236. On this new type of ship, the current technical developments were taken into account, and components such as warp nacelles and the primary hull were implemented into the standard series as the ships were built. The development of the Constitution Class began in 2236, the commissioning of the first models, amongst them the 288.6 m long U.S.S. Enterprise, took place in 2245. The new Class, consisting of 13 spaceships, was developed specifically for scientific investigations and research in unknown areas of the Galaxy. Diverse scientific laboratories were located in the saucer section which turned the Enterprise into a mobile research platform. In spite of this, the heavy cruiser was well-armed, as it and its crew of 430 people were alone way outside the Federation space during the missions - and in addition, as part of the United Federation of Planets, they were obliged to protect its sphere of influence against aggressors. During the 5-year mission starting in 2265 under the command of Captain James T. Kirk and First Officer Spock from the planet Vulcan, the Enterprise therefore explored strange new worlds , seeking out new life and new civilizations , and boldly going where no man has gone before . During this time they made many initial contacts, some involving armed conflict with alien species.

Kit details :
- Skill level 3-
- 117 parts
- Construction set in completely new form
- Extensive, two-part saucer section
- Separate command bridge
- Multi-part deflector and sensor
- Large, two-part secondary hull
- Multi-part warp nacelles with separate pylons
- Many transparent sections, including Bussard collectors and position lamps
- Display stands
- Clear building instructions with painting tips
- Comprehensive transfers for the Enterprise, Potemkin and Constellation

Sprue shots :
Sprue6_zps7d32f939.jpg

Sprue5_zpsdb271e43.jpg

Sprue2_zps90ae992a.jpg

Sprue3_zpsaceb911f.jpg

Sprue4_zps7a3b9e51.jpg

Sprue1_zpse9a177c2.jpg

SprueA_zps6df0717b.jpg

Before I stopped all work on this kit, I did get as far as building and painting the display stand for the completed ship. Here is the photo.

Stage41_zps6587fb8f.jpg

Cheers,
Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Kit painted and ready for assembly. Will need some touchup work on the secondary hull and warp engine nacelles but other than that she looks good painted white.

Will be starting work later on, probably with the warp nacelles so I can see if they need filling.

• 2 weeks later...