AMT 1/537 USS Reliant (Star Trek The Wrath Of Khan) ***COMPLETE***

Rickpadwick1801

Hi Everyone,

In memory of Leonard Nimoy, 1931 to 2015.

Here is one of my four submissions for this group build : AMT 1/537 scale USS Reliant NCC-1864 from Star Trek The Wrath Of Khan.

Here is the box art :

reliant_zpsok0hffpg.jpg

The starship is 20 inches long once built and includes a display stand which fits into the warp nacelles.

Sprue shots to follow.

ATB,
Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

Nice one Rick, I too have the original boxing of this kit. I am considering getting the R2 re-pop to get the corrections and decals. This kit is still going to build into what is a favourite of mine and the first Starfleet vessel to appear on screen that wasn't based on the Constitution class (e.g. everything that looked like the enterprise).

• Like 1

Here are the promised sprue shots of this kit. This is the only the 2nd time I have taken this out of the box since I bought it from Panzer Vor last year.

Saucer sections

IMG_6468_zpsknll9pt0.jpg

All other whie plastic components

IMG_6469_zpskjbc7ex7.jpg

Decals

IMG_6470_zpspkpmgigt.jpg

There are a small number of clear parts and a couple of red plastic parts which I haven't photographed.

I am looking forward to building this kit as the Reliant is one of my all time favourite Star Trek ships.

Like my Into Darkness Enterprise, I have absolutely no idea what colour to paint the Reliant's hull. I guess that means I will have to pull the DVD out and watch it. Thats such a shame, NOT. :evil_laugh:

Cheers,

Rick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Assembly stages well and truly underway. After a 3 week break I am well and truly back in action.

Stages 1&2 Warp Nacelle and Pylon Assembly

Stage%201amp2%20Both%20Nacelles%20amp%20

Stage%202%20-%20Portside%20Warp%20Engine

Stage%202%20-%20Starboard%20Warp%20Nacel

Stage 3 - Bridge dome, upper & lower impulse engine cores installed

Stage%203%20-%20Bridge%20dome%20installe

Stage%203%20-%20Upper%20impulse%20drive%

Stage%203%20-%20Lower%20Impulse%20drive%

Stage 4 - Aft hull assembly

Stage%204%20-%20Aft%20Hull%20Assembly%20

Stage 6 - Planetary sensor dome installed

Stage%206%20planetary%20sensor%20dome%20

My plan is to get my 3 starship builds (Into Darkness Enterprise, Reliant and TOS Enterprise) to the same point, ready for decals before I actually begin placing the decals.

Photo update to follow when more work is completed.

All the best,

Rick

• Like 1

Update, no photos yet.

Saucer section ready for decal application.

Long range sensor pod/weapons pod ready for decal application and fitting.

Nacelles painted. Just need touching up prior to application of decals and fitting to hull.

Photos at some point, back to work tomorrow so might not be till next weekend....

Decals underway.

Nacelles have been touched up. I will post last weeks photos along with a few others later today.

I'm hoping to have this build finished by the end of tomorrow so that I can get onto finishing my Airwolf and Into Darkness kits.

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be the final update on this build as I am pleased to report that it is complete.

I'm just editing the completed build photos before I post them in the gallery.

Saucer upper decals

Saucer%20decals_zpsngaw7htx.jpg

Weapons Pod decalled

Weapons%20pod_zpsodolvsnu.jpg

Warp Nacelles installed

Nacelles%20on%201_zpskkg8r4gf.jpg

Nacelles%20on%202_zpsxbwc5a7l.jpg

Look for a RFI thread and GB gallery thread soon.

All the best,

Rick

looking good Rick, engage warp. "With my last breath I stab at ye" brings back a lot of memories, remember going to see the film for the first time just off Leicester square as it was released many moons ago, not a dry eye in the house,

All the best Chris

• Like 1