AFV Club Stryker M1132 ESV

SeanM

8 parts per segment on the plow blade. Very small...

IMG_0579_zps7c674f41.jpg

Very complex assembly considering the size.

IMG_0580_zps85b012c1.jpg

One done! Getting the angle consistent is not going to be easy either....

IMG_0584_1_zpsd395ed10.jpg

Right, I better get cracking on the other 20 :(

Change of tack on doing the blade segments: I'll attach the two plates & springs to the plow arms and the orther two plates to the back of each segment. That will leave just the connectors to connect the two pairs of plates (if that makes sense?) At least it will give me something to hold whil attaching rather than this fiddling around with 8 tiny parts trying to get them alligned and glued...

M1132-plow_zpsv2kmytkd.jpg

However, to ensure correct allignment of the blade segments i'm going to have to get the wheels on the vehicle and the plow attached. That way I can tell of it's going to be flush with the ground.

OK, the plow is not going great... I had to attach it to the vehicle to ensure the blades were at the correct angle to the ground. That in itself didn't go well and needed to surgery & repair work. Then attaching the blades has broken some of the hinges as they are so fragile. Got frustrated and left it for a few days. Noe back at it....I have to cut off the lugs on each side of the connectors which would ensure exact placement and just position them by sight and glue. Then wait for it to dry before doing the next in line....it's going to take a while...

M1132-plow2_zps4po5jno2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've not forgotten about this build....just slowed down a lot as life gets in the way. Some small bits & bobs added. The marker dispensers, jerry cans, lights, tools, tow-rope etc Soon be at the weathering step and that's the bit I keep putting off.....

M1132-4_zpsykypedjg.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Areos, the colour is Humbrol 155 Matt Olive Drab acrylic rattle can and then some parts touched up with enamel tinlet & hairy stick

Started doing the decals then just need to weather the upper half and the aeriaks, gun, mirrors, tow-bar, spare wheel and lots of stowage from the spares box and straps, lots of straps, made from Tamiya tape

IMG_0746_zpspxhhn91b.jpg

IMG_0745_zps1ofbmiic.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Phil!

Some slow progress on washing & weathering

M1132-5_zpsfc6qp16l.jpg

Now just to add all the gear, mirrors, more stowage, aerials, some packs, tow-bar, a few crates, spare wheel, some boxes and we’re done…. until the chains arrive. Still not even dispatched :(

Edited by SeanM

On the home stretch now...just have to sort out the stowage that's to be added. Been playing around with different combinations. Definitly going for the well loaded look. Lots of Value Gear and other bits from the spares boxes.

M1132-6_zpslhjbqcuw.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

That value gear stuff look good,and I have to say your model is really nice.got one in the stash with interior and full slats to build

A full interior would be nice but I don't envy you doing all that slat in PE.

I have the Bronco Bufallo with Slat on order but at least it's plastic slat :)

Started on the springs. The small plastic U shackles that come with the original kit are very small and fragile and I kept breaking them. And the small size chain was too small so switched to a slightly larger size. (Daughter is wondering where her necklace is gone ;) Just kidding). Got the 2 side chains on which kwwp the plow close if it gets blown off. One is slacker than the other but they are actually both the same length. That’s how fiddely they are

M1132P4_zpsqcxpkcvw.jpg

Then started on the springs & chains in the front. Will attach all the chains to the PE at the end of each arm before fitting onto the plow. As I had no U-shackles left I opened a link at each end of the chains and fed this through the hole in the PE before closing. Very delicate work and while not exactly accurate is the best I can come up with.

M1132P3_zps4torhwid.jpg

And then disaster strikes  Don’t ask, but I think it can be recovered….

M1132P2_zpsormpedyx.jpg

Managed to repair the damage and the springs are now fitted. The plastic U shackles provided in the kit were useless so I just opened a chain link at each end and attached them to the PE directly. Not 100% accurate, but it works for me. Just nees to touch up the paint work and paint the chains then reattach the plow to the vehicle.

IMG_0913_zps3f665433.jpg

• Like 1