Revell Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mk.II

Shermaniac

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta do Starbuck's Ride!

The Revell kit is actually a re-boxing of the old Mobius Kit (it's stamped on the mold) and is definitely looking a bit crude and dated.

The molding has a lot of flash on it and requires a good deal of clean-up. You MUST apply a lot of test fitting to each segment before applying any glue as some of the parts are a bit 'loose'.

Even so, it's molded in a crisp, white plastic the detail is reasonable. There is some warpage but it's not the end of the world.

8242971_orig.jpg

I am also using my new tray (courtesy of ALDI garden work tray at £4.99) and there are still a few left at your local ALDI.

The tray is a great idea and is 600mm square and 160 high at the back. It holds more than enough for most projects and can be cleared away very quickly.

There are also sections for paints and glue so it's all good.

Here are the major parts ready for a quick assembly. The clean-up took about an hour to get the parts something like!

5615088_orig.jpg

I'm deciding whether to have the Viper mounted 'as-if' in flight or on it's skids? Some tape has helped to hold parts together.

3872868_orig.jpg

The basic parts free assembled but the wings have been attached to the forward engine nacelles.

8756936_orig.jpg

Let's see what tomorrow brings?

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...