GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Many thanks to Rick and Plasmahal for hosting this great GB, having completed the White star was contemplating a second entry of the Minbari Sharlin Cruiser, but having taken stock of the amount of scratch building needed its just not gonna get done in the remaining two months, especially with the non injected GB coming up in May, but mine will be a sci-fi entry, doing the discovery from 2001 resin and metal.

So to you all, have a great build.

Live Long and Prosper :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris

I have been in conversation with Mish about the possibility of sponsoring the GB and offering up 3 Tirydium Model lighting kits as prizes.

Want to run this past the GB mods first before asking Mike to "Make it so".

The prize lighting kits would be:

Revell/Moebius Galactica

Revell/Moebius Viper MkVII

FM 1/144 Millennium Falcon

Hope you find this acceptable.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 1

I have been in conversation with Mish about the possibility of sponsoring the GB and offering up 3 Tirydium Model lighting kits as prizes.

Want to run this past the GB mods first before asking Mike to "Make it so".

The prize lighting kits would be:

Revell/Moebius Galactica

Revell/Moebius Viper MkVII

FM 1/144 Millennium Falcon

Hope you find this acceptable.

Cheers,

Warren

Hi Warren,

I think that is great idea and much appreciated.

If the other mods agree, that would be great.

Thanks,

Rick

I've had a little bit of a - ahem - crisis today when the postman delivered this package...

DSC_2746.JPG

and then opening it up to reveal this

DSC_2750.JPG

Wibble!

DSC_2749.JPG

nnnmmahhhh

DSC_2752.JPG

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ahem... I think I need a lie down now...

• Like 4

I have cleared it with the Mods and Mike has done the necessary moving of electrons to allow me to sponsor the GB and offer 3 lighting kits for the eventual winners.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 8

they're really fitting prizes given the subject matter - and so far, no one's done a Galactica, so a lighting kit would go well for an upcoming one. Good choices

Thanks for donating them Warren

Si

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are everyone's builds going ?

I've finished 2 of my 4 already and still have over a month to go. I'm hoping to get at least 3 of them done before the end of the GB, the next one of the 4 to be finished is going to be Airwolf as I've already made a start on it.

All the best,

Rick

How are the builds going?

Oh God to say bad is an understatment :lol::raincloud:

The Gundam has come to a halt and really I should have painted Mila in about a week or two max but no.

I am having really problems painting the skin so much so that she has had the paint removed and reapplied at least 4 or 5 times on the face alone and last time I made such a mess of the armour and jumpsuit around the neck that I ended up stripping all the paint off her completely. :frantic:

I managed to remove the head and now have that seperately and yesterday while applying the second coat of paint on the jump suit a whole pile of paint came off right down to the metal ~sigh~

So strip, clean, polish with wire wool :tooth: and she is now back in primer at least I am happier with the head now and need to add eyes and lips to that and it should be OK.

In all, I think I have stripped and repainted her at least 8 or 9 times :lol:

Bet your sorry you asked now :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

just out of interest, who decides who the winner is? How and who judges the entries? Forgive my ignorance, I have never been involved in a GB before so I do not not know how that part works

MH

There is a vote using the forum voting software where all members of the forum and entitled to vote for their favourite build.

The easiest way to see how this works will be to either look at one of the past GBs or follow the Achtung Panzer GB as there will soon be a poll and vote on there

Edited by Mish

Getting ready to start my 3rd build for this, another review kit so two birds, one stone.

Might try to squeeze in one more. Will see how time goes. Got a show in a week and a half.

• Like 1