GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

I rather like not only the range of models but the game as well. There is a touch of houmour to them as well as being made of old school pewter for thoes who like to paint metal.

Keep an eye out for Spartan as they have just won the rights to make the Halo table top miniatures game and will be working with microsoft, this could really launch them onto the big time.

I was thinking of these

010_zpsmkvkpscu.jpg

007_zpsyhut09tl.jpg

003_zps6frvprsx.jpg

sorry last picture is poor but you get the idea.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I say they do qualify as sci-fi as they are much the same as WH40K etc.

I will confer with the GB co-hosts and get back to you ASAP.

oooo I just had to show these off! There is no way I'll get time to even start them, but they are the basis for a couple of dioramas I have in mind!!!

Would have to be some of the finest resin casting I've ever come across, easily as good as the staff Fisher Pattern & Models!

Now if I could ever find the time to start them......................... :hmmm:

Dust%20models_zpsu4tfoq1v.jpg

Would a scratch build space ship thingy be eligible for the Group Build, or does it need to be a kit? I have some bits and pieces lying around that are asking to be stuck together!

I think so as long as it looks Scifi not too space shuttle like :thumbsup:

Can I add this to my list of builds for the GB.

Hasbro 29" Millennium Falcon.

IMG_0852_zpsac25144b.jpg

I have already removed the cockpit and opened up the windows as well as drilled holes for the landing and warning lights.

IMG_0855_zps5819fef6.jpg

The lighting kit is just under way.

http://youtu.be/X5Em1v17igY

I have also bought a set of Randy Cooper resin upgrade parts, well over 80 parts, for this so I think I'm well within the permitted build percentage.

Hoping to have it finished for Smallspace 4 in July.

Thank you mods.

Cheers,

Warren

Can I add this to my list of builds for the GB.

Hasbro 29" Millennium Falcon.

IMG_0852_zpsac25144b.jpg

I have already removed the cockpit and opened up the windows as well as drilled holes for the landing and warning lights.

IMG_0855_zps5819fef6.jpg

The lighting kit is just under way.

http://youtu.be/X5Em1v17igY

I have also bought a set of Randy Cooper resin upgrade parts, well over 80 parts, for this so I think I'm well within the permitted build percentage.

Hoping to have it finished for Smallspace 4 in July.

Thank you mods.

Cheers,

Warren

Hi Warren,

I think so. That certainly looks Sci-Fi to me and if you've got another 80 parts to add to it I don't see why not.

Look forward to it.

Rick

• Like 1

Thanks Rick, will be starting in earnest after Easter but might get time before to start the thread.

Kallisti, yes I will be there are Tirydium Models again, wondering if one table will be enough!! Might have to think of some sort of tall stand for this to go behind, probably won't be any room on the BM tables after this GB!!

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 1

So how is everyone getting on ?

My builds have all stopped for he moment.

Hopefully going to get the paint to needed start my other builds this week and I hope my filler arrives to finish off the into darkness enterprise.

Hope you all had a good Easter?

ATB,

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801

Working on two other GBs right now (Lesser air forces and P-38s). Have a ton of other sci-fi kits to build so if I get those done will be back for more here.

I'm about to start work on finishing my first of three starship builds as I have completed the necessary seam repairs and repainted the sections which needed doing.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801

I have been distracted by other builds recently, but getting back to my airwolf.

Been at the seaside today, so not got any work done, will continue in earnest tomorrow.

Got some clear parts to try to polish.

Matt

• Like 1

Apologies all, I'm going to have to let this one go - I actually made a start on an entry (the Hasegawa Vanship from The Last Exile anime), but haven't posted photos because I haven't done a lot. And it looks like life is going to be busy for a while, so I'll drop out now. Keep building, I'll follow along.

Apologies all, I'm going to have to let this one go - I actually made a start on an entry (the Hasegawa Vanship from The Last Exile anime), but haven't posted photos because I haven't done a lot. And it looks like life is going to be busy for a while, so I'll drop out now. Keep building, I'll follow along.

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that.

Feel free to keep watching the builds.

ATB,

Rick