GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Hello to all.

Have fun with you builds and if possible in your WIP threads, put as much detail in as you can. Things like paints/colours used and build techniques will help others on the site.

:thumbsup:

Thats actually a good idea adding as much detail as you can to your WIP threads. Its frustrating when you see like four photos from start to finish and have no idea what people did.

Especially so on such a varied build like this.

s

Welcome everyone, I hope you enjoy this group build.

Like others have said included as many details as you want to in your wips as this is all about helping others with their future builds.

Look forward to seeing the progress on these builds when the GB starts.

ATB,

Rick

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea what paint colour should be used for the following Star Trek ships ?

Revell USS Enterprise from Star Trek Into Darkness - appears light grey ?

Revell USS Enterprise from The Original Series

AMT USS Reliant NCC-1864 from The Wrath Of Khan

I had planned to use Revell 371 Light Grey in a spray can to get the colour applied quickly, but need a bigger can than 100 ml, just wondering if anyone can recommend a slightly larger can size which would be a suitable colour match or even an alternate colour.

I was advised to paint the Enterprise from Into Darkness in a White primer with Tamiya clear paint over the top. Would this apply to the Reliant ?

Thanks from a very confused Star Trek model builder,

Rick

HI all, really looking forward to this in an excited and scared state, one hell of a paint job have I undertaken, but I didn't buy this model to sit there. So please any criticism most welcome, 50 shades of whitestar LOL

And a big thanks to Rick and the others for organizing this, Hip Hip Hooray

All the best Chris

• Like 1

Hi Rick,

I think you may be best researching the colours on a star trek specific forum like starship modeler or sci-fi action.com.

What you need to take into consideration is:

1. Do you want a on screen look?

2. Do you want a studio model look?

Due to lighting effects and post production processes, the studio model can look quite different to what appears on your screen.

That decision will influence what colours you will need for you model.

Edited by plasmahal

Rick as per plasmahal, the Aztec paint scheme for the enterprise, orbital dry dock do a paint mask, as your intending to spray the model would recommend, I have one for mine. Unfortunately there is no studio model as the JJ enterprise is pure CGI as per pics I sent you.

Chris

HI all, really looking forward to this in an excited and scared state, one hell of a paint job have I undertaken, but I didn't buy this model to sit there. So please any criticism most welcome, 50 shades of whitestar LOL

And a big thanks to Rick and the others for organizing this, Hip Hip Hooray

All the best Chris

Thanks Chris,

Please don't mention 50 shades of anything, as I am still having nightmares about how I spent my afternoon last Friday.....

ATB,

Rick

Hi Rick,

I think you may be best researching the colours on a star trek specific forum like starship modeler or sci-fi action.com.

What you need to take into consideration is:

1. Do you want a on screen look?

2. Do you want a studio model look?

Due to lighting effects and post production processes, the studio model can look quite different to what appears on your screen.

That decision will influence what colours you will need for you model.

Thanks,

I am watching the 2 new films (on Into Darkness now) and have noticed that the enterprise is a very light grey in the films, so I am probably going for an on screen look.

I will have a look at the sites you recommended.

ATB,

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801

Thanks very much for the links, especially the youtube video i will watch that tonight.

Rick

Very interesting I've been wondering what colour the EOD/ITD Enterprise is. Not built a true SciFi build in many years and never tried to put a lighting kit in anything.

Gonna be a big out of my comfort zone GB for me.

I know what you mean Mish, i've been lookin online, watching both films and the only colour i can come up with is a light grey, but if i find anything out i wll post it.

In a way building all of these starships seems a bit out of my comfort zone as i've moved away from that particular subject.

ATB,

Rick