RAF E-3D Senrty AEW1 (engines--help please)

Ali62

Hi Guys and Gals

Would anybody be able to assist with some good pictures close up of the engines fitted to the Sentry, are all 4 engines the same?

even better any dimensions would be great, pictures from the side, front, well as many elevations as possible.

I also found Ted Taylors article on line from a few years ago, he built the 1/72 scale kit, and did a few mods, so I have that, but does anybody have 1/72 scale engine parts and pylons from that 1/72 scale kit I could borrow?????

All postage and costs will be paid no problem.

Please send a PM in the first instance and then I will send my email address and postal address if required and we can sort out the details.

cheers Ali

• Like 1

I do I had as well now, you COULD always break them off.............only joking, but thanks for the thought.

You are a young modeller are you not, there in your dads arms in a smart red jacket..................... :winkgrin:

I am sure some kind sole will help........ :whistle:

Hi Ali62,

I had see the RAF Sentry in AB Aviano during the conflict over Bosnia, I had touch them, but I haven't photos close up, sorry.

I had see the Airfix kit, and the engines for me are correct like a shape, many years ago Flightpath have in catalogue the engine CFM56 for to convert the Heller E-3.

At the end don't worry to much, build the kit, that it is a good model.

I hope to be a help.

Cheers Linus :winkgrin:

I'm fairly certain the engine pods are all the same. I first built a Sentry about the time they entered service, and had access to much of the technical info as well as visits to the production line. I cast a set of engines and as a then rivet-counter I would not have fitted 4 engines all the same if there were differences. Not definitive, I agree, but reasonable circumstantial evidence...

Regards

Tim

Thanks Guys, so far, I need the information so that I can down scale the engines for 1/144 set for a cutomer that I do pattern making for. I could buy a kit but then I will have to sell it again as I will not build a 1/72 Sentry.

Hi Ali62,

I had see the RAF Sentry in AB Aviano during the conflict over Bosnia, I had touch them, but I haven't photos close up, sorry.

I had see the Airfix kit, and the engines for me are correct like a shape, many years ago Flightpath have in catalogue the engine CFM56 for to convert the Heller E-3.

At the end don't worry to much, build the kit, that it is a good model.

I hope to be a help.

Cheers Linus :winkgrin:

linus the heller kit E3B/F has the cfm56 engines .. and raf ecm pods..

thomas

linus the heller kit E3B/F has the cfm56 engines .. and raf ecm pods..

thomas

Hi thomas,

I was referring to the kit 80306 Heller, which proposed the only kit in 1987. About that time I also remember an article that appeared in the early 90 on SCALE MODEL INTERNATIONAL.

For ali62: if for you this articles can be interrestin i can sed you them via scans. Let me know.

Cheers Linus :-)

Hi Ali

Here`s my build from a few years back, if I recall, the Heller engine pods were quite accurate in shape but were a little too near the ground due to the pylons being too long/deep. Port and starboard engines differed in having a vane always on the inboard side, towards the fuselage.

Inner and outer pylons differed also.

http://www.arcair.com/Gal10/9701-9800/gal9704-Sentry-Buick/00.shtm

Hope this helps

Cheers, Ian

Thanks Guys, so far, I need the information so that I can down scale the engines for 1/144 set for a cutomer that I do pattern making for. I could buy a kit but then I will have to sell it again as I will not build a 1/72 Sentry.

Ali, Are you aware that Contrails in the USA make 1/144 CFMs for B707 type airframes?

230c99f6c450fde18d13918dbaf2d31e.png