1/32 RR Merlin

Hi

I hope someone can help me here. I was given the Revell 1/32 Mossie for Christmas, and want to make a few improvements. I seem to remember someone on here mentioning they'd contacted someone at the UK Tamiya importers and had managed to buy the spruces from the 1/32 Spitfire kit in order to get the Merlin engine. Am I imagining things or is this possible?

If anyone can help that would be great, if not I apologise for making things up!

Cheers

Al

On the other hand you could buy the sprues for the tamiya engine - and believe me, it would not be cheap - and then use the supercharger section from, say, a couple of old Revell Spitfire kits to get a pair of pretty impressive engines. You can only buy complete sprues so you would need to have a look at tamiya spit instructions to see what was required, then contact the UK tamiya importers for a costing - and be prepared to sit down!

You need to contact The Hobby Company Ltd on 01908 209480 as they are the UK importer for Tamiya. I did the same for my 1/32nd Lancaster and Halifax builds.

You'll need the kit numbers as well as sprue codes which you'll find in the kit. I don't have it in front of me now can't can't help there. I needed to buy three sprues and it cost me £20 including postage.

The mods are pretty straightforward to convert it back to a single stage Merlin, I've done it twice with no problems.

My build of the Halifax documented the process if you're interested:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234944547-132nd-scale-halifax-finished/page-22

Tom

• Like 1

been looking for Merling Mk III pictures myself for Mk I Spitfire and Hurricane. As for the two stage merlin in the wooden wonder check what type as some models had the single and others had the two.